The Football

Wayne?

I hit reply to your message not the generic reply.
See below not above

The tears in his eyes have blurred his vision :joy:

Lucky result. You didnā€™t play that well. Result was a bit fortunate.
We had some superb chances and couldnā€™t finish the final shot.

Hard to tell a lot as itā€™s a new team v a decent team who have lost a few.

Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve recovered well from the play-off finals then :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

TBH, Iā€™m dreading this season. I think my mob might be v. poor unless Silva is a magician. Still, as there will be zero Fat Sams cluttering the fucking joint up itā€™ll be ok.

Still get 3 points though.

Lucky that your lot were a bit all over the place in defence.

Just do your job and bring Wolves back down to Earth :smirk:

Indeed. We won 5-1 there the last time IIRC.

Meanwhile in breaking news for @chelseadave:

Hull looked like a totally new back 5.

As for Silva, he will start well and fade. Emperors new clothes.
Iā€™m not sure he is as good as his reputation. He hasnā€™t been tested yet having bailed at Watford before it went bad.

This is why I am worried. Well also the Ā£40M on Richarlison does worry me as he couldnā€™t hit a cowā€™s arse with a banjo for the last six months of last season. We might well struggle to score and, unless the defence really picks up, struggle to keep the opposition out.

Heā€™s keen. Heā€™s ambitious. He is well liked.

But he hasnā€™t been in a dog fight. He was much lauded at Hull but we won fuck all away and went down.

I suspect heā€™ll fly or burn rather than sit safely in the middle. He had all the attributes but not quite the experience.

Saw that Olan and we are scrambling around for a replacement. Lots of rumours.
I like your new frog full back Lucas Digne.
Who is he replacing?

Competition for Baines. Was shocked to be reminded he is 33 and Coleman turns 30 so we need to plan for the future as Jags is 36 and Keane is a bit iffy still. Thank God we moved Ashley Williams on. He was playing like an OAP.

Coleman still looks about 15.

1 Like

Lot of links to The Toffees with Bernard, ex of Shakhtar this morningā€¦

He is supposed to be having a medical today. We need wingers :unamused:, we only have Lookman, Walcott, Richarlison and Vlasic (who will probably go). Iā€™m more worried about in the central striker role. Tosun can finish but has no real pace. Calvert-Lewin looks like a real prospect but us very raw still. He could be a very good player as he is quick, strong and can finish.

We are also being heavily linked with Lascelles at Newcastle and Mina from Barcelona reserves. I would like Lascelles to be honest. He is an excellent defender and also a clearly strong character on and off the pitch (e.g. getting involved with sorting out the aggro with Ashley over payments last year).

WHU were in for Lascelles and Mina but I dont think Newcastle will sell and the Mina deal was overtaken by other captures.

The Hammers have bought well but we have quite a big problem at CDM, which has been there for a couple of seasons at least. We need someone solid to play in front of the defence. Kouyate has gone to Palace and Obiang-who has never been good enough imv-wants to go to Sampdoria (move blocked) and has been very lacklustre in pre-season. I wish he had been fucked off. It looks like we may try and get dirty Sanchez, (ex Villa) as its too late to get any other of the targets over the line.
Lucas Perez from the Gunners looks likely for another option in attack but itā€™s the CDM that bothers me.

I expect fans of every club are similarly nervous of recruitment deficiencies. It could be worse, you could be a Spurs fan! :grin:

Nah. I bet you that that 'orrible fat shithouse will sell him with an hour of the window left, and get some kid on loan from Stoke as a replacement.

1 Like

Arsenal fans - looks like Kroenke is buying out the remaining shareholders . Disaster, surely ?