The Milk Float Thread

:heart_eyes:

When was that then?

Do i need to read back though this thread when I next take a dump? I didn’t post for over half of last year so I guess Ive missed it.
That puts the recent posts into context.

Bad luck adam.

There was a how can I make a long charging cable and everything. Much mockery.

2 Likes

This is as funny the second time round.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll read up the thread over the weekend

Streetlight EV chargers are a thing. Just not in many places yet. They will hopefully become a bigger thing. Be nice that.

It’s just as good re-reading it. :rofl:

1 Like

Mind out for low flying random apostrophes while you’re walking the dog.

1 Like

I’m about done with SwiftKey, I’m trying to deGoogle and it’s just not as good

1 Like

Meanwhile the car has been delayed until March now :unamused:

Officially a long lead time…

4 Likes

I remember this; it amused me. The shape of things to come?

Nice deal.

1 Like

Have you ever sat in one?
Tiny with a dreadful seating position. Which is a shame.

This is all cars ever.

1 Like

I accept small cars are a compromise for me, however the leaf is particularly bad. Steering wheel doesn’t reach adjust which makes matters worse. Our fiesta has better ergonomics.

Oh I know, its so hit and miss what is actually comfortable to drive. I drive a van most days and the seat never go anywhere near back far enough, its torture.

We could be very keen on an electric car, we cover around 8K miles a year but I have a 185 mile each way trip to do once every six weeks which I prefer to do with minimal fuss. 95% of my journeys are circa 25 mile round trips in Devon and Cornwall, so mostly milage wise is ideal for and electric car. There are lots of reports that advertised trip distances are very optimistic and also that the charging station situation is complex and that’s what is putting me off investigating further. At the moment it looks like three or four recharges to get to Oxford and back is simply too much effort.

Worth doing the sums: would an electric car save you enough money to cover the costs of a basic hire car for your Oxford trips?

That might work out - I will look cheers

It’s all about making it work for you. 185 miles is the edge of my car’s range, so at speed (range decreases as you drive faster), it won’t make it in one go. But 20 minutes of charging and you should be fine, so break the journey for a coffee or whatever. You would need to charge at the other end, can you plug it in overnight? The alternative will be an hour at a fast charger, so lunch somewhere?