Odd, you got 8kW not 11, and a 45% charge on your battery would be 22kWh not 16. It never seems that exact on mine either.
I know. It said 11 each time we checked.
First time I have ever seen the figures for a charge session.
I can’t see how even a bit of fannying about time at either end would have skewed it either.
It was up to 11kw in the first minute easily.
(20p per kWh minimum of 50p).
Makes more sense being 11kW, the rest of the maths then works. Oh well.
Just read this. Make sense why it tailed off to an 8 ish average ?
“Teslas charge faster from a lower starting charge, meaning that you’ll get more power charging up from 10-50% than you will from 20-70%.”
No, the charge curve only really applies to rapid charging. Even mine can charge at 22kW at 75%.
Year to date sales for Europe. To end of August.
Wonder if the upcoming Berlin factory will change things? All the Tesla arrive by container ship at the moment.
Porsche built in Germany, transported to UK by sea
I was talking about Europe in that postal it stands everything comes from the US on ships.
Reliability doesn’t sound inspiring.
Decided to try the rapid charger in the centre of town today. Took 15 minutes of faffing, including a phone call for a reset of the device, for it to work.
Then it was fine tbh. It only charged the car to 79% and then stopped, but that’s not an issue, and it is in a handy location. I’ve never seen it used, so I felt sorry for it and decided I’d give it a try.
£7 to go from 18% to 79%. Even with expensive chargers it’s cheap motoring.
Range worries are real. I checked last week. Most of the places we would want to visit on a day out have no charge places. Some have one or two at most. Add to that the shortage of generation capacity and a mass move to ev would cause the odd problem or two.
How far is the average trip?
I think for 95% of my/our trips most leccy cars would be fine, it’s just the other 5% would be an utter pain in the arse unfortunately at present.
That’s the same for me, which is why I bought a car with a range extender and rapid charge.
I’m hoping that when this four year lease expires we swap for the newer batteries and much improved range.
If I was buying now I’d be cautious.
We are in the middle of a pod point / octopus stand off: they won’t fit the home Charger until the smart meter is in.
No one fitting the damn things. So slow charges by plug and expensive leccy.
It’s still a lot cheaper than fuel, and speed of charging isn’t a huge issue if you’re charging at home.
Or are you now Elonbear? 
Most days out 220 to 260 miles round trip. Not only do the destinations have no charging facilities to speak of I can not see anything en route either. Add to that home has 65000 population and 3 chargers.
I purely home charge on a granny charger (except for the occasional longer trip), unless you can charge before the return journey you will be struggling. This is why I went for the i3 with the range extender.
What is the route? There must be some chargers; if that’s a frequent journey then you would save an absolute fortune going electric if you could.
