The Milk Float Thread

Yeah, there are excellent examples around going from reviewer comments - Taycan, i7 especially come to mind. Indeed the old Model S has a very good ride.

Was thinking about the Norfolk inch (')! :rofl:

Car looks great

3 Likes

I thought that was the cm?

Youā€™re thinking of the Norfolk foot (")

1 Like

:rofl:

What I canā€™t understand is why the 3 has a good ride but the Y doesnā€™t. :man_shrugging:

Probably because itā€™s tuned for carrying loads of stuff.

2 Likes

My standard model three is lovely on nice roads and bends, it sticks to the road and handles really well. But over any rough stuff, cobbles or potholes, itā€™s rubbish. Maybe Iā€™m just not used to such firm suspension.

I did about 500 miles in one weekend last year (Nottingham to Plymouth and back) in Markā€™s 3 and I thought the ride was good on a mixture of roads. Didnā€™t register with me that it was particularly bad on poor surfaces.

1 Like

I live about 200m down an unmade road. I can only go about half the speed in the Tesla that I did in my 5 series or the Mazda before that. Any faster it just feels too jarring. I suppose the suspension set up firm to make it feel sporty but the 530e was no slouch and could handle it with ease.
Admittedly, thatā€™s not going to be a use case for 99.5% of the population, just my personal experience.

1 Like

Did you have run-flats on the 530e? I recently had a 440i M sport. Swapping the run-flats for normal boots transformed the ride :ok_hand:

1 Like

Many cars ride shit in the uk, theyā€™re set up for countries that maintain their roads properly.

6 Likes

Like belgium

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly

Had a high spec Espace. Money pit from day one .

Nah, no run flats, just standard Pirellis that it came with, only 18inch rims as well, was lovely to drive.

1 Like

Every French car Iā€™ve ever owned, including the single brand new car Iā€™ve owned, has been a pit of electrical or hydraulic despair that I was glad to see fuck off into the distance.
I just canā€™t bring myself to say anything good about modern ones.

3 Likes

Be careful wanking in your Tesla.

1 Like

Just wank in someone elseā€™s Tesla. Problem solved :+1:

7 Likes