The Milk Float Thread

1 Like

One thing that I think I might miss (if the fucking EV ever turns up) is the ability to really put my foot down in second and get from 20-50 quickly, with a nice pull from the engine as revs get higher. I know that the EV will have a much more even power delivery, but for the fun of driving, I’m a bit concerned. We’ll see.

Feedback from people with EVs seems to suggest that the straight line bit is good fun- the instant delivery is quite entertaining and even prosaic models are pretty brisk. I haven’t driven the Hyundai so I might be doing it a grave disservice but if it’s going to be dull, I suspect it will be spectacularly uninspired when it comes to handling, in part because it will come with low resistance eco tyres.

And will run for a full 7 minutes

Indeed it will. Are they really shit then? No chance I’m going to replace them, when they are included in the maintenance package though.

It really depends on what you want from the car. For normal biffing about, I’m sure they’ll be OK but if you want to make quicker progress- especially when corners are involved- they won’t grip terribly well.

Not an EV but my ex-wife’s Fabia VRS came supplied with Continentals and they were quiet and hard wearing but gave little feedback and that meant that the ‘break point’ where grip was lost was hard to discern. Switching to Avons transformed it.

Wut?

Retro futuristic is the next thing

Don’t get me wrong, I like it, but wtf.

1 Like

Styling studios reject clay modelling in favour of Lego.

Or designed in Minecraft.

2 Likes

Hopefully comes to the UK and I can buy one. :grin:

I want one now. @edd9000 's a massive cunt.

1 Like

Somebody’s been watching a ton of 70s sci-fi recently and it’s glorious.

1 Like

Back to the Logan’s Run car again!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Musk has lost his mind.

1 Like

How much has it lost on aerodynamics through the design though? It was always going to be shit in that respect, so why not write off aero completely and have fun (and save money?) with the design?

1 Like

Because this is a pick-up

Ford sell nigh on 900,000 of those. A year.

Maybe that massive market is just crying out for a Delorean themed pick up. Time will tell I suppose.

I suspect impact safety regs will replace a lot of sharpness with blobbishness.

For picking up hot chicks, rite?

1 Like