The Milk Float Thread

I’d agree with that. I’m keeping the Golf now until EV’s and associated infrastructure is good enough.

1 Like

Hence I’m leasing as my wife’s car (an 07 Citroen C2) is become a bit of a liability.

The current saving on fuel/tax/mot/tyres/servicing pays for 80-90% of the lease.

I’ll stick to my Lexus as I don’t do many miles and don’t need to worry about reliability.

I agree with that, but it’s almost never made sense financially to buy a new car, so it’s hardly news. A petrol car might last 15 years, but by 3 years or so it’s half price.

I was planning to get an EV in a couple of years or so. My Mazda is 15 years old now and still works fine, but it’s all getting rather creaky and groany. But the Hyundai lease deal was just too cheap to miss - it’ll be a similar price to run as my Mazda. Add to that the lack of local emissions (which is a really important issue for me), and it was an easy call.

When it expires I’ll probably get a two year-old EV, either another Hyundai if it’s any good, or a Leaf. Maybe a Tesla if everyone talks down the used prices!

1 Like

You don’t want one of those they set on fire! :wink:

1 Like

:joy: not with me in it! :joy:

1 Like

Are you deemed safe around high voltages?

Anyone else looking forward to Adam’s blog on the trials and tribulations of finding a charging point in St Albans?

3 Likes

Oh, yes! I want Youtube vlogs, the lot.

3 Likes

There will be butthurt. Enough for generations.

And laughing and mocking.

I’d watch that.

1 Like

Straight to DVD*

*Even more so today as only charity shops DVD’s today :rofl:

I can see it now. He’s down to his last 5 miles, he finds the last charger in range

Nooooooooooooo :sob:

3 Likes

Was that Adam’s last attempt at “improving” the cable?

There’s a street in wealthy suburb of north Oxford that has motorized, retractable charging points installed for residents to power up their EVs at the side of the road. Until that infrastructure is in place nationally it’ll be a total nightmare living with and managing the requiments of an EV with on street parking.

1 Like

One I shall be living!

I was thinking of setting up dedicated Twitter and Instagram accounts for the purpose, but I’ll probably just bleat here.

Newsflashes: a public charger has just reopened near me after 18 months downtime due to roadworks; I’ve checked with the owners of my holiday cottage in the Peaks and they’re fine with me charging the car there. So I can do it in one trip if the kids can last that long. Are you all excited by my blogging style?

1 Like

I knew you had signed up to an EV but didn’t know you don’t have a drive way. Where is your nearest charger?

Why though?

1: Local emissions. Our towns stink because of cars.
2: It’s the future. I want a space age car.

My nearest charger is at the station, about a 4 minute walk away. It’s free, so I just have to pay for parking, which is about £2 at the weekend. So I can leave it there for a few hours and fully charge it.

There are other mid speed chargers I can use in town. The win, though, is that there is a fast charger right next to the Turan :sunglasses:

1 Like

He had a space next door. Then he ordered the car and it was amusingly pulled from under him.

This should be the first blog post.

4 Likes

That was a tad disappointing for sure :rofl: