The Milk Float Thread

A Toyota dealer I saw in January in Tokyo had these in the window and three simulators setup with movement to show people what it will be like to drive them. Looked pretty cool.

1 Like

An electric Carver! WANT… WANTWANT

I’ve just realised that the delay to the car to March will mean that it comes with a 20 plate, not a 69 one. I wanted a 69.

1 Like

You can always get a private plate. This will double your cunt factor, so what’s not to like?

1 Like

At least double, depending on what he chooses.

There was a phone-in on 5Live about EVs this morning. It actually surprised me and it only turned out to be 20% potato.

Most of the contributions were pretty decent. It looks like people are really embracing the change and the owners were very enthusiastic.

The lack of on-street charging for the Adams of this world was discussed quite a bit.

1 Like

Try to get BJ69 SUK :smiley:

2 Likes

When I learned my current car was to be registered by a Birmingham Ford dealer, I was resigned to a BJ plate but got the (marginally- it still suggests I have something to do with Birmingham) less mortifying BC instead.

Grandparents bought daughter #2 a car for passing her test. The reg was xx51 VAG. She sold the car as soon as she could :rofl:

Just checked Zap Map to compare available fast chargers (100kW+) vs Tesla Superchargers.

Tesla really do have the charging network sewn up at the moment. It’s going to be a factor when I choose.

An M4 doesn’t need a charger.

Birmingham started out being represented by the letter O. A friend of my Dad’s had inherited the number O10 which had originally been fitted to the 10th car registered in Birmingham. It looked cool although he always had it on an assortment of shit BL cars but it did eventually end up on a Jensen if memory serves. Obviously they soon had to add other letters & as I was growing up we had cars with EOB,MOJ or somesuch but always an O in the centre. I didn’t know Birmingham was now represented by a B.or indeed how the letters are applied to other places now.

2 Likes

My uncle still moans about how he sold his Rover (90, I think) for £30 - reg EF2 - in the early 60’s

EF was Hartlepool/Middlesbrough area.

3 Likes

In the late 60s/early 70s a mate of mine had Austin Cambridge reg DOK 111. He sold it for £25.

My 60’s Mini’s number plate was GOO 61

1 Like

Fuck, that’s probably worth more now than the Fezza you virtually gave away.

Go on, how much did you sell the Mini for?

Intersting stuff:

I remember at school a friend had a booket showing the town-reg associations for the style at the time “XYX123X”.

1 Like

The HP company snatched it back. :rage:

2 Likes

This is good news…

1 Like

This is why I don’t have a new car yet…