The Monarchy (now mostly about money)

Indifference.
Up to the early 60s in Quebec, “the English” owned the majority of capital and dominated the upper end of the employment market, but the true “overlords” of Quebec were a series of extremely conservative Provincial governments and the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Exactly the same in Straya. Although the GG is largely ceremonial, he can get involved in political decision making in the Head of State’s name*

*Kerr’s cur (1975)

8 Likes

I really fucking despise that racist cunt, he has plenty of form as well.

It annoys the fuck out of me that the press/media don’t get together over people like this and agree that they will never give them airtime or publish a single word about them again. This cunt belongs in a media vacuum (or shallow grave)

On Thursday, Starkey told the rightwing commentator Darren Grimes that “slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there? You know, an awful lot of them survived.”

That is an uncanny likeness

1 Like

GB news though. They love a bit of race baiting they do.

Just watched this; explains an awful lot! Why don’t more people know about this cunt ?

He is promoted as a posh historian.
He has a posh accent = intelligent.
He has racist views = eccentric.
“We’ll put him on to give us some credibility cos, with our audience, nobody will complain.”

3 Likes

Heard this quote on the radio:

Farouk 1920–65
Egyptian monarch, King 1936–52

The whole world is in revolt. Soon there will be only five Kings left—the King of England, the King of Spades, the King of Clubs, the King of Hearts and the King of Diamonds.

1 Like

New T-shirt for you?

2 Likes

Caldi-not

5 Likes

At least ironic to see a Mr Kipling branded Battenberg.

Enjoyed by Indians and Pakistani alike since August 1947?

I suspect you’re confusing Battenberg with Mountbatten. Easily done. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were related.

2 Likes

Destiny is all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mountbatten is a literal translation of Battenberg.
They are all the same family.
One of Louis Mountbatten’s titles was Prince Louis of Battenberg

2 Likes

Or is it a Kipling thing? Rudyard was a sentimental old jingoist, and the attitudes of his day, enshrined in some of his writing, are both imperialist and racist by present-day standards, but he also loved India and the Indian people passionately and with all his heart. The Indians themselves preserved his birthplace, and it is a museum to him now.

2 Likes

This is an exceedingly good thread. I now fancy a fucking Battenburg Cake…:yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

Lord Louis probably fucked one, he fucked most things, the younger the better.

1 Like

Fair point. Happy to wait for Rudy to clarify his thinking.

Also, it’s not a stretch to imagine that the Battenberg is the cake of choice for the racist piss-soaked duffer demographic as they celebrate the coronation of Kaiser Charles Saxe-Gotha tomorrow.

1 Like