The shit that does merit its own thread

I sold a record on Discogs (£7) to a guy in Finland, I have just returned this message:-

Hi! I got a message from our customs service, and they are asking for your IOSS number to verify the VAT, so I don’t have to pay again. Though it says in the invoice that you have paid the VAT (FI) they got to have that IOSS before they can release it.

I’ve sold quite a few items to Europe before with no problems.

:thinking:

And this is why I have in all likelihood bought or sold my last item from Europe. Thanks Gammon.

Apparently there’s a number on the Discogs site for this, but it would appear that Discogs don’t think it was worth pointing out to their sellers :rage:

It’s a used record, what UK VAT?

1 Like

Watching my local news on telly, and amongst the congratulations for a-level results finding out that one of the featured successful students is actually going on to do a degree in “festival management!”… :person_shrugging:

This looks immense

2 Likes

I saw Kokoroko last year in Crystal Palace park. They were very good indeed :+1:

Great story

1 Like

Probably popped in to listen to a bit of sole music.

1 Like

Crazy

1 Like

:grin:

4 Likes

6Loons &c:

$$$$$$ Woo data cables make a difference…

The Place your IT support comes from:

6 Likes

Actually on topic for thread.

3 Likes

BP had history - John Nokes climb of Nelsons Column also 100% safe
1977: JOHN NOAKES scaling Nelson’s Column is TERRIFYING | Blue Peter | Classic clips | BBC Archive - Bing video 1977: JOHN NOAKES scaling Nelson’s Column is TERRIFYING | Blue Peter | Classic clips | BBC Archive - Bing video

2 Likes

Just realised that it’s the 25th anniversary of my Dad’s death today.

Diana died a few days later - I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more hoo-ha on TV. Or I may simply have missed it.

Wife’s father died 30 years ago. Not on this day obvs.

1 Like

I don’t know or understand any of this!:thinking:

It’s nothing new that’s for sure. These personality types might be useful when down selecting a CEO, but the whole shit show is often sold by consultants as part of team building days. Always fun to cheat this bollocks and watch your dumb ass middle managers try and analyse why your personality traits make Attila the Hun look like a limp biscuit.

3 Likes
1 Like

When I started doing solution architecture years ago I had to go on a 3 day course for that shite. The idea was that you could determine the customer’s personality type and that would dictate how you dealt with and talked to them.

All I got from it was that I think everyone is a cunt and should be treated as such.

3 Likes