1 Like

What does “correct” mean ?

2 Likes

0% - because god hates us and wants us to be unhappy

3 Likes

Anyone remember this ?

https://youtu.be/H4AcjxxEPXc

I think I should do, but not really :thinking:

My mother used to recount the winter of 1946. There is a particular natural dip where she lived, and one family was stranded down there for 6 weeks. Eventually Italian (ex) POWs (still doing manual labour) dug through several miles of 12 foot drifts to get them out.

1 Like

There were a few cold and snowy years in the early 80’s. I think it was '82 when we were pretty much snowed into our N Oxford student house. Banbury Rd was closed and there were people ski-ing down it. Local supermarket struggled to get deliveries. The water in a mate of mine’s toilet bowl froze over. Back when we had winters.

1 Like

I just about remember the Winter of 1963 When snow stayed on the ground for nearly 3 months

1 Like

1963 was brutal. That’s when the Pools Panel was introduced.

1 Like

We got trapped in north Devon in 1978 for 5 days on the edge of Exmoor
I’ve never seen snow like it since

1 Like

Well worth a read!

4 Likes

82 is the one I remember. College was closed as fuel couldn’t be delivered and the centre of Bath was a for thick of ice, from the top of Milsom Street to the train station. Spent most of those 2 weeks in pubs👍

2 Likes

I remember it, temps hit -18, it was grim.

1 Like

Didn’t realise High Wycombe was famous for furniture !

Still in business !
https://www.ercol.com/en-gb/about/about-ercol

1 Like

Wycombe Wanderers football team are ‘The Chairboys’
I have some Ercol stuff it is pretty common.

1 Like

It was the UK centre for chair making, bodgers by the hundreds in the nearby Beech and Ash woodlands.

150 chair legs a day to make a living!

bodgers

1 Like

@Rob998

if you’re out today.

6 Likes

My mum had a bit of Ercol, some Butterfly dining chairs and a coffee table. They’re now cluttering up my garage because Claire doesn’t like them. Must get round to selling them.

Yeah, I’m not picketing though, have been allocated horse duties because FoL#2 is at the Leeds Festival.