The shit that does merit its own thread

To be honest there is some opinion that Max Miller never told the joke at all, like all these things, who knows what the actual truth is :man_shrugging:

Well it was quite well known in the 50’s.

Yes I get that, but lots of urban myths are widely known, it doesn’t mean they are true though.
But I have always believed that Max Miller told the joke and I will stick with that :grinning:

There is a small museum to Max in Brighton , complete with a manekin wearing one of his stage suits.
It is located in the back of a fish and chip shop, it is all very odd!

Been working in the Middle East for the last couple of weeks.
UAE and Saudi.

9 years since I was last in Dubai, its a MASSIVE city now, kinda’ like Vegas, but with less style. Despite the motorways having 7 lanes in each direction they were at a crawl during rush hour.
First visit to Saudi (Jeddah and Riyadh) - All the border guards were women, which I guess would have been unthinkable in the recent past. Met a great bunch of people who were warm and friendly, my mild apprehension was unjustified. Superb food too - grilled meat FTW.

10 Likes

:open_mouth: Sounds truly ghastly!

Only the “Official” Most Expensive City in the World: Singapore :angry:

I would never ever ever go back to Saudi, it’s a place that I hate and despise with an absolute passion. I had a horrendous time there.

One of the first things we saw driving from the airport was a bad car crash, in germany they put screens around accidents. The Saudis just laid the (uncovered) dead bodies out on the road side and stood around smoking.

Wouldn’t ever set foot there for love nor money:

2 Likes

Have been offered a lot of money to run projects over there on a number of occasions but nothing would induce me to set foot there either.

2 Likes

I had to go about 10 years ago to visit customers in Riyadh. The treatment of the (non-Saudi) factory workers was appalling. And there was no beer. :grimacing:

May not be high on many people’s list of important things, but there is a regular index of religious persecution/freedom. The top two worst countries are always Saudi and North Korea. One is a pariah, the other is a strategic partner.

2 Likes

What the world had been waiting for

Anything with that smug twat’s ubiquitous face on should be in the cockpunching thread…

3 Likes

Looks like a spoof !

Bet it’s not even hot. Cunt needs a carolina reaper enema…:unamused:

1 Like

Now that’s a pleasing thought :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sadly not

Tingly Ted!

Sounds like that dodgy teacher or “uncle”.

3 Likes

Bit of help required.
Got monthly gas bill off Ovo for February for £120. I couldn’t pay it all so paid £60 on the day the bill arrived,and another £60 two weeks later. Paid with online banking.

Just received a letter threatening debt collectors,so phoned them up,and they have no evidence that it’s been paid.

This happened last year with a £70 bill and ended up having to pay it again.

Of course it shows up in my online banking but no other evidence.

It’s been logged as high priority,but I’m not paying twice again.

Any ideas how I can prove that I’ve paid?

I sent them a screenshot of my online banking showing I paid for the £70 last year,but they never replied to emails

Have you tried their complaints procedures already?

1 Like