The shit that does merit its own thread

I’ll go there if I get no joy when they get back to me :+1:

1 Like

Your online bank should be able to provide you with details confirming the date and time and the account the payment was made to.

I had this several times when I used to be with BT for my landline phone (long time ago). They’d changed my account number inside their organisation without telling me, so when the payment came in they couldn’t identify who it was from or, at least, they would have had to make a tiny speck of effort to do so. And that was too much for them. So they stuck the money in some suspense account and started harrassing me to pay again. The first time it took ages to sort out. The second time was no better and I swore if it happened again I’d leave them. It did and I did.

At one stage I was saying I’d paid and they were saying I hadn’t, so I volunteered to contact my bank for confirmation. I offered double or quits - if it turned out I hadn’t paid then I’d pay them twice what I owed. But if it turned out I had paid then they would have to credit an equal amount against my next quarter’s account. They weren’t confident enough to take me up on that.

5 Likes

I guess in future it’s better to pay by phone and get a reference number

You’ve paid, you have evidence, don’t worry. Personally i would tell them to fuck off or take you to court. They will then sell your debt to collectors, you can ignore them as well.

If it gets to Court, which it likely won’t, just give them your evidence and you’ll walk away.

They are literally trying to buily you into paying twice. You can ignore it and have some fun with them on the way.

As for the one you did pay twice, send then a letter demanding they repay you or you will take them to a small claims court. They will pay.

9 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes. Perfect.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I would do.

2 Likes

Britain’s loneliest home ? That sounds like fighting talk. The railway runs literally past the back door, there’s a signal box just a stone’s throw away and a really major walking route runs right past the front door. In the good weather I imagine you’d be bothered every 20 minutes by someone asking to use your unsewered loo (there are no hedges to hide behind on the moor) or saying they’re collapsing with exhaustion and can you just call them a cab/air ambulance please. You could make a fair sum selling ice creams, soft drinks and sun hats to all the passers by.

For England this is more like it

but I’ll bet there are more remote places in Scotland. This must take some beating

A tiny ferry boat will take you and 3 other people across the Kyle of Durness in the summer months and from there it’s 11 miles to the lighthouse. Again in the summer a minibus used to go backwards and forwards, and the people who lived in the lighthouse would sell them tea and cake in a ‘cafe’. All this is suspended when the army are live firing on the surrounding range though.

1 Like
6 Likes

Send in a complaint asap then when they fuck you about send a complaint into ofgem detailing both attempts at extortion and how their complaints procedure is useless. They should help to get it sorted out if Ovo don’t pull their finger out. Make sure you get your £70 back from last year too.

1 Like

I put in a complaint a couple of hours ago :+1:

11 Likes

OVO are cunts.

1 Like

Complain on their twitter account.
The last few times I have had issues with any company a polite but pissed off comment on Twitter seems to get a reply and some action immediatelty

3 Likes

That’s a good shout. That’s the only way I got a response, after umpteen calls, from the god awful Healthcare at Home, privatised arm of the NHS.

Both OVOs Twitter and FaecesBook accounts are a comedy of abuse.
They don’t care.
We were in dispute for 3 years before we could leave. Cunts !

1 Like

CUNTS !

3 Likes

Is this you psyching yourself up for your return to dear old Blighty Terrry :grinning:

1 Like

Abso-bloody-lutely!

2 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

2 x days in Singapore then watch out :rage:

3 Likes

Careful, lee went on a solo career.

Peters walked off the end of the stage :hushed:

1 Like