The shit that does merit its own thread

OOF!

1 Like

Usually. Mountain lion is more a western US and British Columbia thing, puma as you move southwards. Panther is also a common southern US name for them.

1 Like

Unusual because they were believed to be hunted to extinction long ago in Ontario. I’ll be backpacking next month in an area where I could see one, highly unlikely though.

1 Like

Just cool to know they’re there at-all :ok_hand:

1 Like

Testing bulletproof glass back in the 1930’s :grimacing:

4 Likes

It fails to mention that she is his fifth wife

:thinking:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Has anyone tried Globle (yep spelt correctly), basically guess the country. Really absorbing and at times really difficult, well worth a look.

Is that similar to Wordle?

No, you try to guess the country and the app tells you how close to the country you are on each guess. The map/globe changes colour the nearer you get to the designated country and gives you the distance from it you are. Quite absorbing.

Yes. A mind numbing waste of time :+1:

1 Like

5 Likes

Shame nobody took their advice.

Truck and Bus as well as Land Rover were eyed up by General Motors in 1985\6. Would have been a good fit; the Bedford Range was ageing and built in older and less efficient facilities than the then relatively new Leyland Assembly Plant-still assembling lorries…

The reason why this wasn’t accepted by the government at the time was- they didn’t want Land Rover to be owned by a ‘foreign’ company.

That went well…

3 Likes

And whilst I’m at it; a tenuous BL Connection:

3 Likes

Seems like a good idea :thinking:

uwotm8?

Well that’s bizarre!

10 Likes