The shit that does merit its own thread

You don’t have to pay if you know where to look

Census records - The National Archives.

Is a good start

This is good for Birth and death records (also free)

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

This also a good resourse

Hope everything goes as well as it can at your mother’s funeral tomorrow.

1 Like

I suspect a lot of people have something like that in the past somewhere. Whenever people try to opine about old fashioned family values, this is what they actually were.

1 Like

My late father, born in 1938, was the product of an affair (and eventual marriage after the first husband died - this was the way). His school-age contempories called him “Two dads”.

2 Likes

When my mum died I thought maybe I should look in to finding out about my birth parents , I’m still thinking about it 16 years later.

4 Likes

I think I can understand your hesitation. I guess sometimes whichever way we go, there’s always the potential for regret…

Like when I found out my dad was general Pinochet.

Yeah, you might wanna avoid the helicopter rides…

5 Likes

In a real marriage they would find a way to combine the needs of both

1 Like

Electro play with the controllers horrrrr…

1 Like
6 Likes

Sat here with a big soppy grin.

1 Like

As some may know,my niece was found dead at port talbot docks in 2016.
Still no nearer understanding why she was there.

Anyway,my sister has been granted a section 2? Which means she won’t have to pay any more bills,and there will be a jury to see if any recommendations come from it.Think it’s set for either early September or October.

Hopefully this will be some help to my sister after all this time

5 Likes

So sorry to read that Stu, I had no idea.

1 Like

Terribly tragic Stu.

1 Like

Hope your sister finally gets some answers.

1 Like

Sorry Stu, I didn’t know, I really hope that some kind of resolution/understanding comes after so long and that some peace comes to your family .

1 Like

Terrible tragedy, I hope you and your family find some answers.

1 Like

Sorry to learn about this Stu. I hope the inquest provides some answers and helps your sister and your family.

Best wishes,

1 Like

That is awful,
I didn’t know about this, I really hope your sister and the whole family get some answers.

1 Like