The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

I thought this looks interesting, but it’s the wrong type of speed

1 Like

there could be trouble brewing

Can’t see this ending well!

As long as it ends, that’s the main thing.

1 Like

Today’s most insulting LinkedIn message:

“Hello Alberto, [blah, blah, crap about about a non-existent job]”

Apparently Electrocompaniet are bankrupt.

Like that a LOT.

Very Mk11 Cortina sir.

I think the camera angle flatters it Mike, Iirc the Riva was a lot shorter than a cortina, more like a Fiesta with a boot in size.

I’d love to do a Mk11 Cortina hotrod, I wonder if you can fit a small block V8 in one…

Well, what do you know…

2 Likes

I’m sure there are some cracking Mk11 custom cars out there and I bet a V8 has been shoe horned into one.

1 Like

Yep, the bankruptcy notice is online.

Ignore me :grinning:

Can’t see that on their website.

ELECTROCOMPANIET AS filed for bankruptcy
ELECTROCOMPANIET AS filed for bankruptcy today 19-06-2018

Norwegian link https://w2.brreg.no/kunngjoring/hent_en.jsp?kid=20180000356018&sokeverdi=987470445&spraak=nb

Shame.

Their kit was gorgeous. Back in the day I owned an ECI-3 integrated and then on to AW 180 monoblocks. Loved them back then. Now, perhaps just a tad sterile / hi-fi for me.

Early hifi show I went to had their integrated with a pair of Castle ( the originals ) speakers, and was the best sound at the show.

Funny you should say that. The integrated worked well with Castles and Pro-Ac stand mounts.

It made a lasting impression. Always regretted not buying a pair of Nemos when they came up at a very good price. Too cautious, should have just gone for it instead of waiting for a day off to go for a listen. They’d gone by then.

Bizarre…