The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Itā€™s never too late to find yourself.

Celebrating the kids going back to school Scarfolk Blog Syle:

9 Likes

2 Likes

For all you Lego fans

1 Like

https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/be-healthier/check-your-health/heart-age-test

Iā€™m afraid this comes across as another way of dressing up the 'lose weight, donā€™t smoke, worry about your cholesterol and blood pressure" advice. If it encourages some people to do these things then good. But life in general and cardiovascular disease in particular arenā€™t that simple. And the idea that ā€˜four out of five peopleā€™ have hearts which are older than the rest of them tells you a lot about how our slowly evolved bodies donā€™t match our highly developed environment and not much about how almost everyone is risking their lives through their own ignorance, fecklessness and self-indulgence, which is the way the message can come across.

VB

3 Likes

3 Likes

That map is full of sadness :cry::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

The Department of Health are obsessed that the fat, drinking, smoking idle are the root of all evil and costing the NHS billions and that it would be affordable otherwise :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My mother, who is 85 and worked for the NHS, says that when she worked for the NHS in the 1960s the staff all knew that in due course it would become unaffordable to run.

If everyone only lived to 30 as envisaged in Loganā€™s Run, NHS funding wouldnā€™t be a problem. :grinning:

4 Likes

Interesting article despite the sensational headline.

Thatā€™s me! And while I cost the NHS a fortune, itā€™s not due to the fat, the drinking, the smoking or the idleness.

2 Likes

Have we met ?
Just done the heart quiz, my heart age is 92. Now if Iā€™m only going to live until approx. 74 years of age, that means my heart will have outlived me by 18 years. How the fuck can that be an unhealthy heart.

4 Likes

Fucking 'ell, some consultant will soon be selling them the idea that the NHS should blame sick people for all their problems. After all, it would save them having to organise themselves in a way that delivers for patients first and foremost.

1 Like

Essentially thatā€™s the policy - thereā€™s a fine line between ā€˜individuals taking responsibility for their own health and wellbeingā€™ and ā€˜stop fucking yourself up and costing us money we canā€™t affordā€™.

Having smoked for well over 40 years and therefore paid HUGE amounts of tax I expect top shelf treatment on the NHS if I get a smoking related illness. I donā€™t drink alcohol but I should think those that do can make the same argument.

Never mind all the other usual taxes Iā€™ve paid since the age of 16.

I donā€™t think the revenues that come into the Exchequer from duty on cigarettes are ring-fenced for smokers and their ills. Itā€™s more of an idiot tax :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sadly true. But the same can be said of most taxes.