The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Her son is 17 and in care. I can understand why the rapist father should not be involved but why isn’t the boy with his mother.

There’s more to this than meets the eye…:thinking:

2 Likes

There always is :+1:

I’m sure there is a story behind this and children end up in care for a wide variety of reasons. What I hadn’t realised is that there is nothing in law preventing a rapist for applying for visitation against the wishes of the mother and/or child concerned.

I must say that I have a great deal of admiration for Sammy Woodhouse. She strikes me as a brave, articulate young woman.

1 Like

Probably because she was abused and groomed from the age of 14 and I’d be very surprised if she wasn’t one fucked up person because of it.

It’s another bollocks story blown out of proportion, there is a stupid loophole that needs to be closed off and that’s about it.

It’s not loophole, it’s the law as written. Following on from the dozen plus northern grrooming gang scandals that hit the UK over the last few years I am a tad gobsmacked that no one in Government thought this law needed to change.

Already it has been picked up by the nasty brigade who are now using it to reinfoorce their message of hate. It’s a fucking own goal that could easily have been avoided. Parliament should not leave it to a judge to decide, it’s just plain fucking wrong.

other than a few idiots, I can’t see anyone objecting to a rapist losing all parental rights as a result of their crime.

2 Likes

It’s probably never been raised or highlighted before, it is now and hopefully it will be changed.

@crimsondonkey - you’re going to love this :rofl:

1 Like

‘The Scottish Cafu, the Scottish Cafu…’
‘Alan Hutton… the Scottish Cafu’

1 Like

2 Likes

There was a Family Court lawyer on the radio today (J. Vine esq.) who said there is an established procedure to deal with anomalies such as this. They should just put a case together and put it in front of a FC judge. It is heard with minimum costs and, hopefully, maximum common sense. It sounded like a very simple procedure.

I recently found my sandpaper sleeve copy of Durutti Column’s debut LP in a box of stuff belonging to the Domestic Antipodean. I’m feeling a bit smug now because of this

7 Likes

Make sure you print that off and put it in the sleeve, so in hopefully many years hence, your widow doesn’t give it away for nowt to a vinyl dealerscum she’s brought in to deal with your, erm, legacy, because there’s no way you’re ever going to sell it.

1 Like

which grit? have you got the coarse 60 grit or the special edition 320 grit?

Mine has the FAC 14 stencil spay painted on the sleeve so it is moar rarerer than that cheap shoddy common rubbish being hawked about by plebeian auctioneers…

1 Like

have you got the flexi disc?

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: ← smug grin (and yellow face)

3 Likes

I’m sure I’ve had a few LPs where the sandpaper’s been on the inside of the sleeve.

4 Likes

That would be the perfect accompaniment to the Linn stylus cleaning ‘paper’

:flushed:

1 Like

up the street of you lot!

https://www.facebook.com/CouncilestateLAD1/videos/316343585634120/?t=0

2 Likes