The wam will be 20 in 3 year's time

God that takes me back - cat-coat man - what a complete and utter crayon-munching twatard he was!

5 Likes

I think I joined in 05, never attended a bake off cos I can’t trust myself.

3 Likes

That’s the one I went to with the beer incident, I didn’t hang around long as I was self conscious of the smell.

I left and drove to Tunbridge Wells, found a B&B and went to the audio jumble on the Sunday morning.
Had a 10 minute look, thought it was a bit rubbish, and drove back to Plymouth.
That evening I saw pics of it on the wam, that’s when I realised I had just viewed a few tables in a side room, and hadn’t found the main event.

luis-suárez-friday

11 Likes

Think the one I went to was when he had onkens?

@mibby. Remember Swiss Tony(?) whose bakeoff we went to? Was it Cheltenham way? - he had Quad 989s or something in a really bad setup and got very upset when we said it sounded really terrible.

I fell out with him loads of times on the Wam afterwards. And I took him a really nice bottle of red, the ungrateful cunt :smiley:

That was a properly Bad™ system though, considering how much had been spent on it.

2 Likes

Joined in 2008 reluctantly after being pestered by IanS1. Initially thought it resembled a wild west saloon where everyone looks round at every person who enters to see who’s gonna go for their gun first :cowboy_hat_face::rofl:

Soon realised who thought they were the gunslingers and who were the bullet fodder!

Can’t remember the date or which was my first bake of but I thought what the fuck, I had mistakenly found myself amongst a group of old farts sitting and nodding to a set up I didn’t like playing music that was making me cringe. Thankfully I gave it another go and brought more alcohol.

1 Like

I was in Straya until December '11 so my 10 year anniversary is just coming up. The first bake-off I went to was in Jeff @oldius old place near Sefton Park. Magnificent house that I think used to be the consulate for some South American country.

1 Like

Yes, I filled a room with bits of plywood stuck together and called it a hifi.

Guitars are smaller at least.

Had to remind myself by logging on as this Mental Institution is home now …
Joined Mar 9, 2006 :flushed:

Yeah, I remember. Wrong amp, speakers too close together and he wouldn’t play above 60 dB because above that it sounded dismal.

Brazilian I recall, great bake off house that, Jeff was a great host too

2 Likes

Just checked and I didn’t join until Nov 2010 it would seem. I also have 93 points, whatever the fuck that means.

God knows when I joined, think my accounts have been deleted when I left. First piss up was at Rick’s and my last was at Mike’s. Happy days. First scalford was the year when a certain restaurant owner turned up very late having forgot it was on.

1 Like

Joined in 2013 after coming back to the UK end of 2012. 2013 was the first Scalford I went to.

Nov 2009 it seems. I did the rounds of a few other forums before kicking the hornets nest.
Had a look and my Trophy cabinet is worth 143 points. Whatever that means.

It took me a while before I made it to a bake-off. I didn’t feel I had much (equipment wise) to contribute, but popped my cherry at Jim’s.

People should take care not to stand on you ?

I have 173 points and despite not having posted there in a few years I am still the 4th highest ranked poster (posts made I think that is) :grinning:

1 Like

I was in the first tranche in ?August 2005 that chucked a few quid in James’ kitty when Hifi Choice decided to bin their forum (which mainly consisted of people moaning about how shit Hifi Choice was).

I thought “Hifi Wigwam” was a shit name.

I still do.

@browellm - was ‘Swiss Tony’ - “Cage-fighting Coherent” Tony? His systems were always too fucking brash, probably still are.

4 Likes

I joined the Wam in 2005, I tried change my email and the thundercunt software deleted my account in 2013, I doubt its much better now after the recent change.

I’ve found some great music because of the Wam and here of course which was my main reason for joining as dedicated music forums were shit at the time

I remember the big shed bake off that Hawk (Neil) organised in the early days.

2 Likes

I thought HFC died a few years before that?
I moved to ZG when HFC died.