The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

This needs to mate with the thickness!

1 Like

Reminds me of

Weird colour combination leads to thin mat feeling

Nordic Concept Reference turntable:

or for extra fug you can have a built in phono stage from Vitus:

Sadly, it seems this is no longer manufactured.

1 Like

Good, it is horrible.

Indeed, this is what motivated my use of ‘fug’. The NCR looks like it was knocked together out of old shipping pallets and then dropped down a flight of stairs. However, it does manage not to resemble Macca Pacca, an oversight for which we can all be grateful:

Somewhere there are these in fake Georgian mansions made of plasterboard and softwood in Westcost USA.

Errr, when i said some bulbous wooden thing was ugly - you said looks don’t matter. Make your feckin mind up! :smile:

1 Like

Wrensilva

Tonearm looks like a Naim Aro. I bet that wooden lid and the hinges are great for resonances…

Not enough fugly too. It almost looks acceptable, which these days almost certainly guarantees it sounds shite

Looks Project inspired

Arm looks like a cheap Jelco.

The arm is a U-turn Orbit Arm 2

Maybe a cheap Jelco would have been a better bet…

All in all, the whole thing is just hipster crap

1 Like

Amp is b&o class d amps and sonos built in

They could have done better than a Sound Organisation stand.

Probably sounds as good as a Dieter Rams Braun, unfortunately no where near as visually appealing. Paul nailed it-hipster lifestyle shite.

Rubber band is thin like hateful spaghetti - The platter is thin like wafer ham, no sparkle Sirs, No sparkle at all.

1 Like

Sounds like it needs some thick.

VB

No one needs more Bonnie Langford - She looks like a highly strung bird who has pecked her way out of a gone off egg. Having taken full inventory of the Langford I am forced to concluded nature doesn’t always know best - she has been labeled in the same category as wasps and Linn listeners in the mind gardens files.

6 Likes

Meh, this is what you want :slight_smile:

Meh! Needs an autochanger thingo so that one side of 4 or 5 LPs may be played without moving from the sofa.

1 Like