The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

Do you have one Jim?

No Dave, Iā€™ve never been big on support trinkets - decoupling from the floor on a wall mounted shelf is ample.

2 Likes

Is that why your deck has a suspension? You should remove it if its superfluous, a bit like the second platter. :rofl:

1 Like

Errā€¦maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m not big on support stuff - Iā€™ve always had suspended tts! :roll_eyes:

Forget all this foo and buy a Linn Lp12, they bounce for reasons :nerd_face::joy:

I assumed you lived on a motorboat & the second platter was to stop the boat rotating about its mooring. That was what I understood from the blurb anyhow :grinning:

6 Likes

He was thinking of relocating to the fens wasnā€™t he ā€¦ ?

VB

1 Like

I didnā€™t read that correctly at first.

2 Likes

Yes you did :smile:

1 Like

I suspend you two in a minute :angry:

1 Like

Oooh the suspense!

1 Like

Iā€™m just going to hang around and see how this develops

1 Like

This is true, but when compared to the usual marketing led drivel and bollocks suspension/anti-vibration kit produced at 2 to 3 times the price by many a manufacturer, then they start to make a bit of sense. Only a bit mind:)

He also publishes the technical specs. Unsurprisingly the manufacturers of said drivel and bollocks kit mentioned above, donā€™t.

Me no makee then anymore.

I use two of them, very good things, they come up now and again on evilbay or PFM.

Micro Seiki DQX-500 Turntable ā‚¬1190 & ā‚¬420 Audiomarkt.

3 Likes

Your slipping Dave as that another OK looking turntable.

youā€™re

3 Likes

Youā€™re slipping Dave as that another OK looking turntable.

Corrected due to shit schooling being pointed out. :slight_smile:

True I am afraid, all my English teachers were shit unlike my maths, physics, history and TD teachers.

thatā€™s

5 Likes