Tidal

I’ve got Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify - gonna give up on Tidal as it has started to add random albums to my faves list. And mostly anything I can’t get on QoBuz is on Spotify, which I can now happily stream on all my kit. MQA is no different to flac to my ears. Using Bandcamp more too.

1 Like

Qobuz and Tidal can select the output device in the app, exclusive of Windoze, Amazon cannot (or at least, could not).

Ah ok, I’m on a Chromebook and an Android phone. If I plug a USB dac/amp in it automatically goes through the USB and I can cast to Google CA from either device as well, even though Amazon HD specifically says you can’t.

The only problem with the Chromebook I have is limited to 24/48 through USB, which is why I use UAPP on the phone as this can override this default without having to do any fiddling.

Does anyone have a Qobuz trial link that’s longer than the standard offer? :eyes:

I might be able to help. You’ll have to wait for working hours.

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve seen this: it’s not flagged as MQA but it is:

Qobuz is still 16/44.1 as before.

What a mess.

Calling it “Lossless” is a bit fucking cheeky considering MQA isn’t.

Creative license innit.

That’s not how you spell cuntery…

WTF?? Is that an MQA in a FLAC container. Lolz ahoy. Free Lossless Audio Codec with a lossy payload.

Bollocks.

2 Likes

Lads, just did a transfer with a free Qobuz trial and something called ‘Tune My Music’ which is basically a Soundiiz ripoff that lets you move albums for free.

40 missing out of 1283 albums. Just over 3%. Much better than I expected and I suspect some of the missing titles will be found in a manual search

All this on the eve of Tesla adding native support for Tidal to their cars. Fuck. My. Life.

4 Likes

Just checked a few and they’re definitely there. Not all (Cavalcade and Departure Songs for sure) but it’s going to be in the 1-2% range.

1 Like

£5 a month saving not to be sniffed at either.

So if I just disable my Tidal connection in Roon and add my Qobuz credentials, this should all just automagically fire up and be pretty seamless?

I wonder if Roon will shit the bed and start rescanning everything.

No idea. I imagine it’ll want to rebuild the library but I’ve never tried. When my subs to either service lapse, they come in and out of Roon pretty seamlessly but that’s a smaller number of albums.

I’ve just tried it as I have both Tidal & Qobuz in Roon…

Where I have a Tidal album in my library and there is also a Qobuz version when I remove my Tidal account it replaces the Tidal one with the Qobuz version.

Where there is no Qobuz version it just removes the album from the library.

(I had to manually add a unique Tidal album as everything in my library is currently from Qobuz)

What is the score with family subscriptions to Qobuz? We pay for family TIDAL, but I might fuck it off if Qobuz is reasonable. I would need access for 5 people.

6 accounts for £22.49

Roon is rescanning all the Qobuz albums into the library.

I guess this means that my ‘liked’ tracks which belonged to Tidal albums are going to get blapped. I’ve also lost my tags associated to any Tidal albums. Ugh.