Tidal

It works, but essentially you’re playing a fancy mp3.

It’s the principle. Bob Stuart can fuck off.

3 Likes

I have compared standard and MQA and generally always prefer the MQA?
Sounds bloody good to me anyway.:man_shrugging:t3:

Agree about Bob Stuart though.:+1:

It’s probably mixed differently. They always used to do that with hi res releases, give it a bit of sparkle.

1 Like

Currently having a major smug-on having neither Tidal nor Roon :slightly_smiling_face:

Although starting to get mildly concerned about the amount of money I spend on Bandcamp.

I love Tidal.:heart:

I’m the opposite. I am aware of a few blanks on Qobuz (although, equally, I know of a few the other way) but I think it sounds better on high res, has more high res, prefer the interface, think the curated content is better and, if you do buy a lot of high res, the bundle offer for in store discount is a good one.

And of course no Middling Quality Audio too.

Yep, all of that. I love Qobuz, and loathed Tidal.

i switched to the amacuntz from tidal, its ok but not great, but then none of them are

i recommend nowt

I’ve ended up on Amazon music for now.

Have they got direct playback on USB sorted yet? Opinions differ on this.

TBH, I just use the browser-based player. I’m not exactly listening critically these days.

Tidal here, purely for catalogue reasons.

1 Like

@Tons_of_fun, I have no practical experience of Soundiiz at all. Is it possible to do a sort of dummy migration that reports omissions and exceptions?

I think you can ask it to run it without it actually making good on the change. It won’t delete your Tidal ones whatever happens.

I assumed it wouldn’t delete them. I’d just like some kind of report telling me how many and what albums out of c.1000 haven’t been migrated.

Provided you have an account to tell it what to go to, it’ll tell you what’s missing.

I switched to Qobuz, there are gaps but improving all the time. I like the hi res and didn’t get MQA.

There is a lot of crap though in the established artists, dozens of collections. Not sure if there is a way of filtering this out.

My only experience of using Tidal is through the Auralic Lightning app and it’s very easy to navigate and catalogue stuff imo.

I did try a month trial of Quboz, again using the Auralic app, a couple of years ago when I had a suitable Dac / Amp combo but couldn’t hear any difference from high Rez and the gaps in the catalogue were horrendous for my tastes.

This, although hopefully it’s improved a great deal in the 18 months or so since I’ve used it.

what do you mean? I have Amazon HD and only listen through USB using the app

I do wish they would open up the API so UAPP could integrate it, I bought it when I trialled Qobuz but switched to Amazon not long after.