Today I have mainly been V2.0

Wank

6 Likes

Harsh but fair.

2 Likes

Wank and chav. Astonished that someone would wear that and then admit it.

1 Like

Got taken to brook lands today to the merc place. I had a go and drifting and went off roading. Drifting was fun, the track stuff was fun, the off roading thing was all a bit controlled and slow but interesting… had a mooch about the Merc gaff too.

16 Likes

Ignore them, we are team awesome :rofl:.

Fireworks at Bovey Tracy last night.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Angling - watcha caught?

Spent the last three hours unblocking the septic tank of sanitary towels and tampons. The pump is blocked and tripping out the gite electrics The next guests are arriving in two hours. Joy

Still better than a lazy day on the beach.

3 Likes

Watching this at the Heights of Abraham.
http://www.richardcoombs.co.uk/punch.htm

1 Like

Good band too

1 Like

Avoiding clearing out the shed (prior to demolition) and the garage (because it’s a fucking disgraceful shithole).

Displacement activity 1: fix my Gaggia espresso machine which had stopped squirting water from the group head. The Internet told me that this was a blocked solenoid so i had to dismantle the machine, extract said component and dismantle that. Then clean and generally poke about in it. Then re-assemble it and while I was at it give the whole machine a good clean and descaling. Obviously I then had to test it out and had a couple of espressos. This used up a good couple of hours.

Displacement activity 2: fix a garden chair that had partially broken. This really only needed glueing a screw putting in, but i wanted to drill a hole to prevent the wood splitting. Naturally, every battery for all my drills were dead, so I had to charge them up…

Displacement activity 3: Fix the patio table, which was a similar fix to the chair.

Displacement activity 4: snacking.

Displacement activity 5: measure up and calculate quantities of timber to put walls on the decking, then scour the Internet to price it up and submit a quotation to Claire. This was a highly successful avoidance technique because she was shocked at the cost of virtually every type of timber and made me price up lots of different kinds, which obviously took up a lot of time…

Displacement activity 6: I really needed a beer…

Displacement activity 7: thunderstorms stopped play…

So no shed/garage cleaning done at all :smiley:

6 Likes

Good work. You do seem to have burned your way through rather a lot of stuff though. How are you going to fill next weekend ?

VB

Yeah, but it was all relatively non energetic stuff. As for next weekend, I’ll be working Saturday, and Claire and the kids are going to the Lakes for a few days to freeload off her parents who have rented a cottage up there, so I’ll probably go to the pub on Saturday afternoon/evening for dinner, and then on Sunday take Ruby for a big walk to the pub, have a late lunch there, and then play records for the rest of the day.

3 Likes

Today I laid another oak floor - This time with tongue and groove - No height issues with this one so I fitted an underlay. Despite all my worries with the potential difficulties of glueing a floating floor and getting glue everywhere it proved quite simple and in fact a little quicker to lay than the click fit that I used on the lounge. The 40m2 of random length wood and underlay were from eBay “over purchase” and of course I was a little concerned that there would be some sort of issue, but no all is good weirdly the wood smells mildly of curry. Tomorrow, hopefully, my Milwaukee 18v multitool arrives so that I can neatly hack the door jambs to fit the last board.

22 Likes

Heaven. On. A. Stick.

Looks great

1 Like

Sounds great , i only discovered what drifting was recently !! i thought it was something old radio tuners did !!

Being a boatist. :laughing:

1 Like

Earlier today, gun shopping.

What’s the point in making an airgun look like a fucking Sig or Glock.

2 Likes

What is the point of an airgun?

2 Likes