Today I have mainly been V2.0

It was light when we set out cross country at about 6pm. 2 and a bit hours later we had gone 6m and up hill to the pub. We chose the straighter road home along tut road which was lit most of the way but we had brought torches.

2 Likes

Sounds lovely.

VB

1 Like

Gosh , 30 years of age with a bag. Massive shock to the system .glad he is bearing up, I don’t think I could but it’s amazing how many have to cope with emptying their poo from a bag and coping with the mess etc

Saw a youth group out on a nightwalk in Devon last sat , they were well kitted out with maps etc

Mostly I walk locally where I know the paths, so maps aren’t such an issue. I have a much better torch after the ankle-turning incident though.

VB

3 Likes

It’s the Da Vinci staircase in Chateau De Chambord

Yesterday was spent undergoing a medical for life insurance in the morning. In the afternoon I composed another email to my Oxbridge educated neighbours - who are trying to make me liable for the damp in their kitchen- trying to tell them how water tables, springs and wells work, without sounding condescending. “Get in the sea ya cunts,” would have been far simpler and somehow more satisfying.

Today will be a better day.

3 Likes

Suggestion for your email -

C U iN courT Soon.

4 Likes

Neighbours are great until money is involved. Sounds like you may need a letter from a surveyor or similar.

we just had a right to light surveyor down and they were so helpful , cost a fortune but great believer in surveyors and sounds like thats the only way to go to convince .

we were put off court action recently by our solicitor as they said we needed 50k in the bank in case we lost , which is always a possibility

I think that the burden of proof must be upon the neighbour - what makes him think that the well is the problem? Where is the evidence for this? If he can’t provide any, he can get to fuck.

5 Likes

If you don’t want to use dye get the whole family to eat a fuck load of asparagus and piss in the well, if their house starts to stink you know it’s the well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you are confusing a well with a septic tank :thinking:

Sorting through the midden in our attic. In the midst of a pile of boxes of baby stuff, broken toys and aged duvets and bed linen I found an unopened box of records that was packed in Melbourne in 2011. The highlight of the contents so far is my copy of Durutti Column’s ‘Return Of’ in sandpaper sleeve.

:grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Picking up a brand new 2nd hand car :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finally you got your RX-8, after years and years of banging on about them.

2 Likes

trying to sort about 1200 holiday photos into some semblance of order

Sorting out old consoles, listing them on ebay along with other unused stuff, wiring up @Ijrussell’s pre amp.

It might possibly be very much more sensible and boring than that unfortunately…

Any idiot can see that their kitchen floor is below the water table. They haven’t yet admitted that the well is a well and isn’t “leaking” :rofl: and is also THE guide to where the water table is. Hopefully, soon they will employ a sensible professional to come along and survey the problem. Sigh…

They haven’t replied to yesterday’s message yet, so maybe they are getting the idea that what they are suggesting is completely ridiculous.

The deeds say that they have access across our yard so they can put the bins out etc. Falling out with them is really not an option.

1 Like