Today I have mainly been V2.0

I will be selling it along with the mega CD (assuming it works, not tested yet) , not sure what games I have past Sonic, still sorting.

Surely, a restoration project first :thinking:

Helping Lou with her annual Macmillan Coffee afternoon in the Island Hall. Total raised isn’t final yet, but it will beat last year and will certainly be over £500. I reckon that’s not bad for an Island of 63 (ish) people.

AND THERE WERE MUFFINS! (plate full, just in front of the donation box)

Who supplied them is still shrouded in mystery, but we’re on the case to find out!

There was a raffle too

I won a nice bottle of red and a bottle of Champagne :grin:

A worthy cause and a great response from the people of Fetlar, who helped make this such a success.

21 Likes

Much :+1:

1 Like

Must be an off shore tax haven if they are genuine muffins

2 Likes

I actually had one. :flushed:

2 Likes

Nup, uh uh, bluff !

It’s the alcohol talking.

1 Like

After saying this morning that today will be a better day, it has actually been worse. We had a power cut this afternoon whilst I was out. I came back and the back up generator that keeps the pump running in our basement hadn’t automatically started. I rushed downstairs to find the water a couple of inches down from the top of the sump. I bailed it with a saucepan and took three buckets out of it to buy a bit of time. I have another generator in the garage, so went down there, dragged it out, tried to start it but couldn’t turn it over. I chucked it on a sack barrow and wheeled it up to the yard behind the house. Still couldn’t start it, called a mate who knows things. By now its pissing with rain and I’m getting a bit stressed. Fuck. The mate turns up and the power comes back on making me look a fool. We have a cup of tea. Mate leaves, I turn on the HiFi, walk away and then wonder if there is some sort of electrical storm. There isn’t, it’s the system. Balls. I try to isolate by switching 5 amps on and off and crossover off and on in between but give up because I havent a clue what I am doing. @coco I may be in touch tomorrow, sorry. :confused:
So at the moment, I have my neighbour trying to pin the costs of his kitchen flood on me. The pumping system for our basement up the creek, just as the winter is looming. The HiFi not not running when it has been rock solid for years. Work upheaval because we are relocating and I’m having to try and re-negotiate my contract. Taking legal action against a builder who has refused to finish a job on our house with a large amount of money involved. Plus appealing to the Kent education ombudsmen regarding my daughter’s grammar school appeal. Fuck, sometimes I really question adulthood! “Keep buggering on” :grinning:

13 Likes

Bugger.

Christ - hope things work out ok Ritchie.

Now is the time for a very large glass (or two) of Whisky and saying to yourself, fuck it, because it’ll still be there tomorrow and no amount of worrying tonight is going to change that.

Relax and deal with it in the morning.

4 Likes

All the best Ritchie. I listened carefully to the forecast this morning and apparently it is tomorrow that will be the better day. Today was always going to be epically shit down here where all the people live. @edd9000 will be along in a bit to sort you out with generators.

VB

Need a garage for that really, don’t want to pay someone to do all the work, don’t want to do it myself outside.

2 Likes

Fuck the problems and just keep smiling Ritchie. All will come good.

1 Like

Thanks chaps. :grinning: I keep examining my choices to see if I would do things differently but it’s hard to see exactly what I would change, even with hindsight. Guess I just have to grit my teeth.

1 Like

Sometimes mate, despite our best efforts, life just gets in the way. It’s a cunt like that.

Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

Careful now, they are brand spanking new. :wink:

Sorry things are so shit. Hopefully things will improve rapidly. A couple of stiff drinks and a decent sleep seems like a decent response as all of these issues seem beyond your control.

1 Like

and this is exactly why you will get through all of this shit.

Chin up, mate. You’ll sort it.

1 Like

13 Likes

Maybe when your cellar overflows, it really will damage their kitchen, that at least is something to look forward to?

4 Likes