Today I have mainly been V2.0

And that’s where we must disagree

Because he would never be in a position to

ah well, we’ll never know that, sadly.

That’s fine,

Rather it was never on anyone’s agenda other than the lunatic retro Tory fringe.

The one thing JC is most certainly not, is an effective opposition leader, or indeed any sort of opposition or leader.

The ineffectiveness of the opposition is the main reason the Tory’s are getting away with whatever they want.

There is quite simply nobody to stop them.

4 Likes

So why can’t Labour capitalise on the shitstorm? They can’t - that’s why it’s entirely fair to call them, and their leader, inept and useless.

Both parties now seem to be incapable of saying anything that might not please everyone. You just get weasel words and waffle. So much for a man of principle, he too has given in to the blandness.

I did like Matt Damon in The Adjustment Bureau, where he gave the concession speech talking about how focus groups ran campaigns now. Politics needs to get real.

2 Likes

There’s a country mile between what should happen and what does happen. All politicians, if they don’t outright lie, say what they think wants to be heard. Thatch in '79 focussed the GE campaign on the high unemployment under Labour. Within 18 months it was double that or close to it.

I agree that politics need to get real. But it’s naive to think it will.

This is why for the most part I’ve given up caring. I spent 25 years campaigning and working in various capacities for real social change to no effect.

As the old adage goes, we get the govt we deserve.

1 Like

Man craves real politics like he once watched in a Hollywood movie.
:roll_eyes:

Music centre with the kids this morning (great), sorting out a remortgage this afternoon (not so great).

converting the loft hatch from an innie to an outie

There is a moment in a TV interview where Barack Obama is asked who or what he would like to come back as if reincarnation was real. He smiles and says something like “Someone with no responsibility to deliver anything but real power to influence policy, say a member of a focus group in some swing state somewhere …”.

VB

3 Likes

New hi-fi? :thinking:

2 Likes

RX8, plus oil and rotor tip budget reasons. Plus 100 4.5kg toblerones

5 Likes

Mainly reading tosh about Brexit and politics on this thread when we already have a Brexit thread, and an Armchair politics thread, we don’t need all that shit on another one.

The mods have got just about the same clue as the politicians :grin:

3 Likes

Way to go Rob :sunglasses:

We’re on a weekend team-building exercise.

6 Likes

European Troll Federation?

When the odd mods are away …

Lie in reading the paper, then washing windows, halfheartedly cleaning garage, giving in to the dogs hypnotic “”"“Walk, Walk, Walk”""" looks so down through the woods to the pub. 3 pints of Doombar and a lift back. Now cooking the Saturday curry.

Trying not to get banned

5 Likes

Refoaming car speakers. @cragger visit. Tape faff.

1 Like

Rugby, steak, records & beer.

:rugby_football::cut_of_meat::notes:&:beer:

1 Like

Cricket
Walked the dogs
Brunch
Rugby
Walked the dogs
Rugby
Dinner
Telly & Beer