Today I have mainly been V2.0

Mogg is a fucking weasel trying to take us back to the 19th century. The man is a virus. Corbyn is as clueless on brexit as May but is taking advantage of not having to deal with it.

1 Like

Vince Cable doesn’t have to deal with it either but at least he’s saying that Brexit has to be stopped and we need another referendum.

Corbyn is staying silent because he wants Brexit to happen and supports it.

VC is an idiot. He can say what he likes because nobody’s listening. May and Corbyn have at least got enough sense to appreciate that a second referendum could be a very bad thing and is not a decision either will want to make.

JC is an idiot and nobody is listening as he says fuck all.

:+1:

vacuous post deserves vacuous response.

2nd ref is dodgy ground,but if May supports one before Corbyn he is truly fucked.

Personally i think his best shot is to call for one in the next week or so.
It will probably never happen,but at least after March,people will see it far better than his current position.

Read last week that he would gain 1 and half million voters if he did.

He probably will end up calling for one. However, if he really believes he can win the next GE he won’t sleep well with the thought of having to call it.

You really think that, Paul?

Yes, no, don’t know. Really don’t know what any of them are going to do.

Congratulations.

You’ve just explained Jeremy Corbyn’s stance.

3 Likes

Well the ERG are done. They’ve been called out and all of sudden look like a bunch of sulking, argumentative teenagers. I hope at least a couple of the cunts defect to UKIP and confirm what we’ve known all along.

4 Likes

It’s not just Corbyn, May is staggering around in the dark.

1 Like

Of course. She’s hopelessly trying to formulate some kind of impossible deal that will satisfy the electorate as well as parliament. It isn’t going to happen. A deal of any kind is going to piss off a lot of people, but both parties claim it has to be done, somehow.

BUT, to be an effective opposition, you at least need to give the public a clue as to what your plan is going to be if you disagree with the one that is put forward. Saying that May’s policy is shit may be true, but unless you offer an alternative, you are worse than her.

Sitting on your hands and hoping that will make the opposite bench squirm is criminal. Corbyn will never lead Labour into power, he doesn’t want to either btw.

6 Likes

I don’t think he is sitting on his hands. He just doesn’t have a plan, he knows there isn’t anything he could do to make it alright. How can you offer an alternative if there isn’t one.
He has said he wants to remain in the Customs Union I’m not sure what else he could offer.

And there’s the rub.

Corbyn is a serial protester, nothing more, nothing less. He couldn’t run a raffle, even less a country. When he comes out and tells the public what his alternative plan would be, I’ll start to listen. Until then he remains the most ineffective leader of the opposition in my lifetime.

The flawed plot to watch the Conservatives destroy themselves while doing nothing to offer a viable alternative government is proof of his inability to grasp any semblance of how serious this situation is.

John Smith must be turning in his grave. He would have had the Conservatives for mincemeat by now.

18 Likes

I think you’re being harsh. Brexit is an unprecedented shitstorm. The Tories created it, wanted it and still can’t implement it. Corbyn has stated what he would do as far as he can. Vince Cable can freely call for a second referendum, touting popularity, because he knows he would never have to put it to the country.

I don’t think I am

He hates the EU, you can’t deny that, surely? As he is a self professed conviction politician, how can you defend his support for Brexit?

You keep asking that, but you know it’s moot.

I’m not defending him, I just don’t believe he has behaved dishonesty or been an ineffectual opposition leader. I agree he is ideologically wedded to the unilateral dismantling of the EU but he would never have called for a referendum on us leaving. He is not Mogg. As for John Smith, he would never have let the Tories have a fucking referendum in the first place :grinning:

1 Like

Depending on the poll you read (no response needed, Kev) Labour is somewhere between 4 points behind and level pegging with the worst govt in 80 years. His personal polling is way below that. The very definition of ineffectual.

If you can’t galvanise the centre to vote for you, you will not be PM in this country. Even with half a million cultists members.

4 Likes