Today I have mainly been V2.0

On the Worcester- Staffs canal which Hel and I cycle up and down, we have measured that there’s a pub pretty much exactly every 5 miles :+1:

2 Likes

How many Michelin stars do they have?

3 Likes

why? does it matter?

We moored up near a pub at Alrewas one evening. Where there are no proper moorings you have to put a metal stake into the bank each end of the boat & tie off to those fore & aft. We came back to our boat well fed & half cut & found that one end had come loose & the boat lying directly across the canal. Fortunately canal traffic stops at about 8pm so we hadn’t obstructed anyone & were able to pull it back in.

2 Likes

Well we wouldn’t want you slumming it.

M is a mere one measure of the quality of a restaurant - there are plenty of others. Plenty of places we eat at are cheap pub grub, or a local Indian

1 Like

slumming it on a 38 bus in London.

1 Like

Nice to see you keeping it real by reacquainting yourself with the hoi polloi (that’s the people, not the Brasserie in Shoreditch), tho …

2 Likes

that place shut before xmas, replace by a coffee shop called The Faff, where the cakes are roasted darker than the coffee beans

2 Likes

Went on a barge trip in the 70s

Got pissed off with the locks,hopefully they will all be got rid of post brexit

5 Likes

Currently sitting around my brothers eating bacon watching the scores come in and waiting for the liv v arse match

On rivers there’s often a weir bypassing the lock - did you try going via any of those ? Presumably the post-Brexit replacements will be rapids.

VB

1 Like

Creeks don’t have locks, even if we did have a paddle.

2 Likes

Well that blew away the cobwebs, pass the parcel time now :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ve had some great boating holidays on The Broads. I keep wanting a boat, so far common sense has stopped any silly purchases. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Birthday bike ride to check the marmalade harvest

7 Likes

Dealing with fucking petty, childish, moronic, lazy, workshy, argumentative, lying, fucktards that I have for staff !!!
Mind, I wasn’t in a great frame of mind; my B-i-L was in ICU with Sepsis (thankfully out now) and it’s my 28th wedding anniversary.
Work can have a cockpunch while I’m at it.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Dave !

VB

1 Like

Happy Birthday Dave.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Dave

1 Like