Today I have mainly been V2.0

All the best, Dave!

1 Like

Thank whatever or whoever you want for that. I witnessed someone die from Sepsis in an ICU last year and it ws horrible.
Really glad your B-i-L is OK.

1 Like

yes , good news , i took my son to a funeral of a young lady who got sepsis and died last year , its such a dangerous thing

Travelling back down south by train, 3 separate trains, 6 hours gone. WAFN :roll_eyes:

Spending the afternoon at the Hammersmith Apollo watching Danny muppet Dyer & Jo Brand in lycra…

That’ll teach ya, for going North :joy:

Yep, you’re not wrong.

sepsis killed my brother in law, mind you he was admitted on a Sunday and they didn’t administer any antibiotics until he got to ICU the next day, too late of course, aged 50

same hospital killed (IMHO) my best mate of >25 years due to lazy diagnosis followed by a cover up by the trust, will say no more as widow is going after them

my personal experience this year; this trust has 2 hospitals, one is superb, the another a shambles - how this can be is beyond me

Going to the cinema for the first time in 18 years

2 Likes

paying a visit to the St Albans beer shop to test what they’ve got on tap.

Unfortunately they are closing at 6 tonight to avoid the new years eve st albans rabble…

Waking up after a lovely 12 hour sleep.

On a point of detail, it’s only 10:22.

VB

1 Like

What an utter tragedy , we saw recently what can happen in hospital at gosport when a Dr was not challenged enough by colleagues. She gave too high a dose of opiates. We saw the same at Stafford and other places. Often through understaffing by skilled staff such as nurses .it’s a very complex matter but sepsis is much more at the forefront than it was but it still kills just as so many other infections can.

It killed my half-sister and may have killed my cousin (in her case the underlying infection was bacterial meningitis and that can kill directly too). They were both young women in their 20’s. My half-sister had a baby and a pre-school child.

VB

1 Like

I went over to Murrica to study how Johns Hopkins health system were tackling sepsis. They have recognised through tragedy that sepsis is one if not their major cause of avoidable hospital death, and made it their no.1 mission for the last decade to study, learn and adapt their practice. More to be done, but light years ahead of how the NHS are tackling this (piecemeal and ad hoc).

3 Likes

Just driven from one side of Dartmoor to the other. Such a beautiful place

1 Like

Fine if you stay in the car. Otherwise maybe a bit

(to be fair, that’s not Dartmoor - there are trees).

VB

Cinema full

giphy%20(2)

Just walked all over cockington in Devon and thoroughly enjoyed it

And of course no buses in this part of Devon tommorrow so will be keeping fit walking like many other residents