Today I have mainly been V2.0

\ 100%x0

KEY
The whole of this Local Authority is a Smoke Control Area\ 22x14 The whole of this Local Authority is a Smoke Control Area
![Parts of this Local Authority may be Smoke Control Areas. Please contact the Local Authority for details\ 22x14]
(http://www.uksmokecontrolareas.co.uk/images/smoke_control/mediumblue.gif) Parts of this Local Authority may be Smoke Control Areas. Please contact the Local Authority for details
There are no Smoke Control Areas in this Local Authority\ 22x14 There are no Smoke Control Areas in this Local Authority
No information available\ 22x14 No information available Image\ 28x32 Smoke Control Areas

To see if you live in a Smoke Control Area, click on the map to zoom in on your Local Authority, or use the Local Authority selector below.

Summary of Local Authorities and Smoke Control Areas

Image\ 28x32 Local Authority Selector

Click on “smoke control” areas.

Good links, I see that St Albans has no smoke control zone

You live on a main road, a bit of wood smoke is the least of your worries!

4 Likes

The particulates from wood burners are surprisingly high compared to diesel iirc

Not where you live, lol.

The particulates may be higher, but I bet the increased exposure level from traffic is off the scale

You obviously haven’t stood next to my Passat when it starts.

4 Likes

coal drops yard - a wall of face

2 Likes

I assume are you going to have a listen to the LV system in Spiritland and visit the new record store in the Coal Drops.

been in Spiritland loads of times - we’re on our way to a distillery :grinning:

we walked through coal drops and never saw a record shop

Sounds a nice way to blot out the afternoon :slight_smile:

Record Shop which I think is Normans is on the Granary Square side down the steps. There is a bar next door I believe.

1 Like

here

Digging a cat grave and officiating at a cat funeral. RIP Sony. :cry:

11 Likes

RIP Sony

1 Like

meanwhile my Gin order is being prepared

made to special recipes

and beware of cats serving gin

2 Likes

We appear to have been there at exactly the same time as you.

Great hipsters think alike.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me,but i found gin to have the same taste as what i’d expect paco rabanne or similar to have

8 Likes

Actually I would say it’s the opposite. It makes it more of a worry. Especially as @AmDismal says it’s a lifestyle trend thing not a necessity. Burning logs cause it looks pretty hmmm.

On a main road, the contribution to local air pollution from log burners will be tiny vs that from traffic. Banning them won’t make a difference to the local level if you live in such a location vs banning traffic or moving somewhere like where I live (a village) where there are lots of log burnerrs, but far, far less traffic. I’ll bet my house that the air quality here is better than at Adam’s in central St Albans.

1 Like

Suspect air quality is dependent on if the Turan has been visited the day before.

6 Likes