Today I have mainly been V2.0

It seems after a restructure, an interview and a presentation; I still have a role at work. Still some uncertainty for some of my close colleagues here, 10 into 6 just doesn’t go.

Still awaiting the interview for Head though…

5 Likes

Interview for head -Sounds good. Is there a hierarchy? Kiss, Show tits, Handjob, head, coitus and up the bum All with interview or presentation?

8 Likes

‘Head’ is a popular position.

1 Like

hope interview goes well , its hard when such uncertainty

1 Like

been crawling in dark lofts in loads of itchy insulation , in an effort to try and find why black mould developing in a bedroom about a foot from the wall . pretty horrendous . been trying for several years to get on top of this and its a real pain. fitted vents , got them to try and reduce drying washing in house etc .

going for a megapowerful bathroom fan to replace the miserable manrose effort and put insulation over whole ceiling because there was a gap where plasterboard exposed correlating with mould and i am wondering if thats exacerbating the problem .

all well and good , folks moaning about mould , but its not always easy to control .

I have secured a role in the new structure, which was my minimum intention.

In some senses the pressure is off a little. But if I want to progress (inc salary and pension) then the head of dept role is the next stop.

Yes there has been quite a lot of uncertainty here in the last few weeks. I should say I was never in danger of losing my job. Just the role, and with these roles come salary - and losing the role would mean a significant drop in salary

1 Like

Very possibly. Mould starts with persistent damp. A cold part of the ceiling will a) condense more water to begin with and b) the water will dry more slowly. There can be an issue on top floor ceilings near walls because the insulation may stop short of the eaves so that any eaves vents aren’t blocked.

VB

I am not surprised. There is a certain amount of panic throughout the system. The financial issues at Reading are not unique although they have done a marvelously inventive job of finding new ways to bankrupt themselves.

1 Like

yes , so true , and i think in and effort to keep those eaves open i left about a foot uninsulated . i have now tried to rectify this . its quite a problem really and as its a young lady in that bedroom one is conscious of health . on monday i will be scrubbing it and then aim to paint in a few months when they are on hols

Currently prepping myself for daughters school parents evening. I feel there will be much conflict.

Take the godparents with you.

VB

2 Likes

Graeme has the right idea

4 Likes

Primary or secondary?

Primary, got no issue with the secondary, the nuns do a great job :level_slider::zombie:‍♂
I hate listening to pre prepared bullshit especially when I’ve read the script more times than I can remember.

1 Like

If I’m not prying too much what are you expecting? I’ll be doing parents evenings myself in a few years.

Teacher bollox. As in no school policies will be discussed even though I will raise my concerns, she’s above target so I won’t be able to question her lack of progress. That she has more than her share of agency teachers. Oh and why are the dinners so shit?

3 Likes

Tradition?

4 Likes

my daughter in law is head of dept and was very proud to have 90% attendance at recent parents evening , she worked so incredibly hard to achieve this . its an important interface

Ha, I’d have fucked her average down quite dramatically as I only went to school when I felt like it and that wasn’t very often.

1 Like

I think he means parent attendance :grinning: