Today I have mainly been V2.0

Teachers hated it when I bunked off as a child and dreaded it when I came back as a parent :rofl:

Only one of these items is relevant for parents’ evening. I think that the issue is that the “expectations” band is now so broad that everyone “achieves expectations”, which makes it very hard to evaluate progress.

1 Like

They are all relevant. Why do you feel they are not?

School policy and meals are not a parents’ evening matter. The school should have a forum for raising these matters, or you should ask for a meeting with the head. The governors might also be a useful route for the former.

It’s not really the place for a general moan about the place, tempting though it might be!

Correct. That’s what this place is for.

On a serious note, at parents evening I just want to be told where my child is doing well, and doing not so well, plus what I can do to help.

1 Like

My policy gripe is specific with regards to having a whole day with no core subject teaching every week to facilitate PPA. This is something I have never come across at primary age before and it worries me. The cover teacher problem is very much relevant and I have every right to raise it at every opportunity,the school are breaching guidelines. As for the meals, it’s not the quality it’s the stupid choices on the menu, something that if enough parents mention the school would implement change, because it’s easy to do.

I have known Heads of Dept who are the only person in the dept.
Job title = Salary band and if they want to pay someone the salary they have to give them a stupid job titile.
Not suggesting this is always the case, I know Heads of Dept with 4 to 5 Dept Managers and loads of staff

Wrong head Kev :wink:

I was once the leader of a research group which, for the last few years of its existence, had no members other than me. In my organisation (not a uni) Group Leader status came with responsibilities for admin, and not just of your group. Much as I would have liked to ditch them my Dept Director was having none of that.

VB

Great news

1 Like

Yes , parent evening attendance

Up at 7.15

*Final soldering or RCA females, assembly test and installation of preamp

• Gardening - Sowed red Onion seeds , Spring Onion, parsnips and broad beans. Then weeded the patch

*Made and installed two more bird nest boxes -This time for the Robins

2 Likes

Enjoying the British weather

7 Likes

Nottingham?

Old Hunstanton

2 Likes

Amongst other things, visiting the Benidoleig caves, which were used in prehistoric times. Not sure why this sketch reminded me of the Abattoir.

1 Like

do robin birdboxes have a difference design ?

Yep they have a red circle painted on them

1 Like

Earlier: in Leonard’s boudoir. Don’t ask.

Now

Sir! Sir! They’re doing it again!

1 Like

Isn’t that OB country, great Thai restaurant.