Today I have mainly been V2.0

And then there’s the £7 Grab. Hmm.

VB

Clearly she is presenting her starboard knocker in temptation…

1 Like

It’s a trap!

1 Like

Cheers :yum:

Buying a new tablet, then trying to remember my password for this tip :thinking:

Got there eventually.

1 Like

I need a new one too, this one is playing all kinds of silly buggers, but I really can’t be arsed looking. My eldest needs a new phone too, so might just look for a phone deal that comes with a “free” tablet.

Harry the happy variac is back home :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for taking it out on a day trip, turns out the step down will arrive on Monday now.

1 Like

Is that his distant cousin behind left?

3 Likes

…listening to Talk Talk. Then I found this:

It is incredible…

3 Likes

That’s Teddy the vintage toaster from Dualit.

1 Like

Trying to cure the loss of one channel (comes and goes) on the Luxman by liberally spraying the knobs and switches with contact cleaner, to no avail :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Any suggestions for someone to give it a service?

IMG_20190303_102926500

1 Like

If mine doesn’t bloody turn up I may well be driving up the M6 to beg for it!

3 Likes

Who the fuck is crab hawk? A close relative of shite hawk I would guess :roll_eyes:

Fuck knows - don’t blame me - I just googled “knob cleaner” :laughing:

ahem…try brasso

Intermittent contacts often occur in switches, external connectors (inputs and speakers) and also inter-board plugs and sockets e.g. where those two looms (red, black, white, grey wires) come down onto the pcb in the centre of your pic. After that you have to start worrying about snapped wires and cracked solder joints and pcb tracks. You could try running it with the lid off and gently poking stuff with an INSULATING rod of some sort (empty biro tube, plastic ruler, wooden stick, not a pencil since the ‘lead’ conducts). That might help you localise it.

EDIT: By the way, in the UK the voltage selector is probably best set to 240V, not 220V.

VB

1 Like

It sounds as if those elements ended up almost exactly like that on the finished record.

1 Like