Today I have mainly been V2.0

I liked both but, both were rammed with tourists.

Been a lovely sunny day today, after a day of rain yesterday, the light today was brilliant. I haven’t been able to walk as long a distance as I would want as I twisted my ankle at Duncansby Stacks about a week ago.

The Fairie Glen impressed me as it was so peaceful, very few people.

Back to work. Six weeks is barely a break.

True to form, I have utterly fucked it all up.

I’m sure I’ll be complaining about the outcome here in a few days time.

1 Like

How on earth can you manage to fuck up deciding between 2 offers ?

Get one.
Interview for other.
Accept one.
Have second thoughts.
They fuck up the terms of the contract.
Get other.
Realise that other pays better and is a better commute.
But is a (very) large corporate, and the technology isn’t maybe all that.

That’s as far as I’ve got.

Factor in the fact that I don’t like conflict, and that I’d like to do right by everyone, and it’s not going to end well.

Ah, like that.

Carry on :+1:

Have you got a 10p coin? Then flip it and call.

Tell em both to fuck off, open a shoe shop :wink:

2 Likes

When you consider the fact that the “other”'s catchphrase is “every little helps”, I really am contemplating sucking the devil’s cock, aren’t I?

Seriously do not work for them. I did a project to design a new contact centre for them when they moved away from RBS for their bank and they are the most fucking awful people to work for.

Cheers.

I also worked for the other party you mention, for about 9 years.

I have a nose for trouble.

They do pay contractors very well though, even 6 years ago we had a designer jump ship from us and go contracting for them at £900 per day. He spent 18 months there, paid off his mortgage and came back.

HR?

1 Like

if you in the vicinity you should have gone to the bar in The Langham, some really creative and interestingly presented cocktails

1 Like

Agreed, ĺying toerags, I have worked for them for two years, a fucking mess.

Wallpapering , which I hate and picking up elderly relative from a hospital, which involved rather a lot of getting lost in multiple car parks! But got there in the end. Although they only gave me 2 hours notice of discharge their care was exemplary in every way

Off to the Leeds Armoury thing today.

4 Likes

Don’t, whatever you do, try and touch the elephant armour (which looks so tactile, it just screams out to be touched…) or you’ll get a proper bollocking from the previously invisible room attendant…

You are, however, allowed to point and snigger at Henry VIII’s armour codpiece.

Great place, enjoy your day out Rob.

2 Likes

Haha, shall report back later!

Setting up several hifis, sorting a new lawnmower and now sat in the garden with a cup of tea

23 Likes