Today I have mainly been V3.0

Wossat?

4G Wifi access point.

Our internet was very flaky last week, to the extent i nearly couldn’t approve some people’s pay. I was tethering my laptop to my phone but because I am on a contract it was proving quite expensive, and work wont let me claim expenses because it is my contract.

So I bought the 4G access point, work will let me charge that use to expenses.

1 Like

tidying in the office/worshop

Bit of gardening, limited by the closure of local refuse centres, and consequently a bit of burning stuff.

Avoiding broken glass.

2 Likes

It gets easier with time.

VB

Buying a chainsaw :worried: What could possibly go wrong?:thinking:

2 Likes

That should produce some proper wounds.
:scream:

2 Likes

Cut the grass, cooked a massive roast dinner and assembled 2 new Ikea desks that were delivered Friday in the hope I’ll still have a job in the coming weeks.

Now sitting in the garden drinking beer.

2 Likes

Nice long walk locally through the woods and fields. Now enjoying a g&t in the garden.

5 Likes

They look ready for round two :grin:

At work.

Your job for the next couple of weeks will be building said desks

You’re lucky

1 Like

Using my new acquisition:

Patio, decking, path from house to patio/decking, conservatory, including the most ball ache job of the year, the roof.

All nice and clean for a summer of parties and bbqs! Maybe a bake off!

Oh, hang on… :frowning_face:

8 Likes

Indeed.

Hope it was quiet and you only had to cope with critical workers. And not a load of idiots thinking Oxford /Regent Street is the place to exercise

I’ll be keeping a watchful eye on the slaughterhouse thread. :slight_smile:

After an almighty effort to get my lazy fat arse out of bed, I did the following:

1. Made French toast and set the fucking smoke detector off.
  2. Cut the grass.
  3. Scarifièd the grass.
  4. Put lawn feed on the grass.
  5. Drank 2 cans of Stella.
  6. Walked the dig to a neighbouring village and back, exactly 1hr 8mins.
  7. Watered the feed into the lawn.
  8. Started to trim the front hedge.
  9. Talked to a complete stranger about moths as he was walking past. He started it obvs.
  10. Laughed at the big lebowski setting off fire alarms.
  11. Am just about to go and listen to some music for the first time in an utter age. On headphones.
  12. Finding out I’m egg-bound. Again.
6 Likes

You know, I think you’re right. I’m glad I’m still at work, going off how Claire and the kids are coping. FoL#2 Lauren especially is going absolutely stir crazy, probably because she’s the one who has an actual social life outside of the internet.

Yeah, it’s about 50/50 at the moment.
Mouth-breather Moment Of The Day;
two females accompanying a third who is pregnant complaining the the tube had too many people milling around (about 20 on the entire station). Then requested a glass of water for their friend.
I explained that I couldn’t send a member of staff to assist as that would break the “social distancing” rules. I then asked why they were on the station with a pregnant friend.
I was told that they were out for the day and that I was a nosey cunt !
My reply ? Go home and stop wasting people’s time. No doubt they will complain.

Oh, well :sweat_smile:

13 Likes