Today I have mainly been V3.0

Speed-amputations are back in fashion :ok_hand:

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Usually get free brandy/rum/whisky with this though so not all bad :+1:

1 Like

Ow Steve ! I’m wincing just thinking about it.

VB

I went to the walk with my knife cut after it didnt stop bleeding after 3 days. They glued and steri stripped it. Still got a 8cm scan, but pretty much healed now

One stitch as it’s a hard place to do but it needed holding as it’s deep but not wide.
No anaesthetic. My god it hurt.
Just have to avoid infection! And keep it dry…

4 Likes

Glad to hear you got sorted👍

1 Like

The last time I had anaesthetic before stitches the anaesthetic injections hurt like fuck.

VB

Yeah - most local anaesthetics sting like crazy on first contact / injection!

I had an abscess on my front tooth sorted at the hospital and had 6 local injections in the roof of my mouth by a sadistic surgeon who appeared to get his syringe from an h p lovecraft shop

Hurt like fuck

Then after a few minutes he says ‘let’s see if that’s worked yet’ and proceed to jab the roof of my mouth with the needle. ‘Ow’ says I. ‘Better wait another minute’ says he

The op itself was painless…

1 Like

worst I had was a local between my big toe and the next, an injection up into the fleshy bits, before they pulled my toenail off with pliers to get at the infection that 6 courses of antibiotics had failed to cure …
over the next year I had two further surgeries which thankfully were under general.

Whoa there pal, my toes have just curled and won’t uncurl, I’d have cried like a bitch.

2 Likes

Right, you foot whimpering cunts trying to outdo each other.

When I was 19 I lost a leg in a bizarre incident that occurred during a game of bar billiards. They had to amputate, without anaesthetic, just below my groin. All I had was a piece of tarred rope to bite on and a cheeky swig of Fanta Lite.

I didn’t whinge or cry and the only consolation I got was from the nurse who managed to sell my left slipper for £2 to a bloke in the next ward who’d had his foot blown off in a camping stove accident.

All was good until I was due to be discharged and I found that the fucking nurse had sold the wrong slipper. I really think a six month stretch was a bit harsh for stalking her, I mean I only did it for 8 ½ years.

The leg grew back, obviously, although it was another right one which causes the odd problem when driving an automatic.

To this day I’ve never played bar billiards again. The nurse is still recovering in a mental asylum and the bloke who lost his foot writes to me occasionally.

One thing does still peeve me though. My break of 185 was scratched off as I knocked over a mushroom when I spat out the tarred rope.

FML

I never complain tho’

14 Likes

did you put some skunk in your flap jacks earlier?

2 Likes

No need, I have it daily, in my Weetabix for breakfast.

Anyway, my flaps are no concern of yours.

You were lucky…

5 Likes

keep your legs shut, its drafty down here.

I’m pleased that someone gets it.

:+1:

4 Likes

I thought I knew the name, you played left wing for Northampton Town in the late 70s. Legend

1 Like

I see what you did there.

VB

5 Likes

Enjoying the Sun, 22C in Ham.

1 Like