Today I have mainly been V3.0

Been given the complicated job of mashing spuds. Picked the wrong attachment to put on the hand mixer and now know that mashed spuds and purified spuds are very different cooking techniques.

The piss was taken.

Big time.

So more invited.

1 Like

Could’ve been worse. At Settle someone gave me the job of stuffing baked spuds - emptying them, mashing the contents with cheese, putting it back. Dear lord, they might as well have made BoJo prime minister …

VB

1 Like

There is your mistake.
Just use a potato masher

2 Likes

I was there … and I think might have helped.

That would explain why no-one died.

VB

Discovering just how much of a bunch of cowboys the people who fitted the windows on this house were. This was hidden behind a plastic strip.

Think you would find similar in many other people’s windows

Only just noticed what you meant
Not good

1 Like

Enough to be able to run a wind turbine on the draught coming through?

Pretty much par for the course.

Yep, but the thermal equivalent of this.

2 Likes

This was supposed to put a stop to it

Like a lot of things in construction* it was brought in because there was a need for it.

VB

*Perhaps not everything though. Part P seems to have been brought in because the sparkies were pissed off at not having the monopoly that the gas-fitters did.

Another buy-your-way-in society like master builders etc? Waste of time. The biggest firms buy the most accreditation’s but almost universally do the worst jobs

Given how many people with plastic windows fail to ventilate their homes adequately it likely saves a lot of them from rampantly wet walls and black mold, perhaps a few CO deaths have been avoided along the way, too…

It’s pisspoor, but agree with JB, don’t think I’ve ever seen UPVC installed any better by the feckless cunts - they rely on the flashing to do the job.

1 Like

The website for the company doesn’t mention FENSA, only CERTASS (yep, I am thinking the same). Did I mention the big window at the front where you could, before we stuffed the hole with foam, see daylight through one of the seals due to the frame distorting from how it was attached to the wall?

Ouch…

We had to have many of our windows reglazed because they weren’t packed properly, so the hinges weren’t right, the frames were distorted and the glazing units were starting to fail :rage:

Same here, decorating one room, should have taken me one week, yes I’m slow. Upvc strips hiding all kinds of problems, had to re plaster after removing all the shite the upvc was stuck on with, drying time a pain in the arse. I’m now into the second week and all I’ve done is strip the wallpaper and undercoat the woodwork, still finding problems with the windows. I hate silicone, the bodgers friend.

Went along to the recently opened “box” (Plymouth city museum)

Plymouth to me has always seemed like a city with out the perks - a major perk being culture. I have to say it was great to see a place like this happen in the city… positively stimulating really.

22 Likes

A couple of figure heads for @freefallrob there. Look grand on his boat instead of strapping Rosie to the bow.

2 Likes

Has he got Sam playing the part of the horn ?

VB

2 Likes