Today I have mainly been V3.0

why the tinfoil flat cap?

To protect the bulb from rain risk, the pie dish is a temporary solution - They run very hot and raindrops may cause them to break.

Meeting cousins for the first time, discussing Lowestoft cafes, model garden railways and illegitimate families.

2 Likes

Heils for the jam tarts ……

Just walked into the kitchen to get a drink and this fucker was waiting for me in the sink. Not scared of spiders but this one was big enough to make me jump :grimacing:

1 Like

What do you do with the moths ? do you mount them ?

Yes , my wife nearlly smashed my glasses last night trying to catch one and shouted in shock when it ran like hell, we never caught it

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Calling @Penance!!

4 Likes

Today I read draft dissertations for most of the morning which necessitated an extended Gentleman’s nap this afternoon. As the drizzle stopped and the sun came out around 5:00 there was plenty of light for cartridge fettling so I fitted the additional heavy counterweight to my SMEV and then replaced the DVXX2 with my Io Gold. Feck, the Io is a fiddly bugger to get onto the tonearm compared to the Dynavector (getting the nuts onto the cartridge screws is an utter arse-ache). Anyhow, I didn’t make a complete @J_B of the job and it all sounds lovely. I am collecting my new-to-me SUT tomorrow too :hugs:.

7 Likes

This was from the actual 1950s, rather than the metaphor that it currently is.

I do have a latex moth fetish but it mostly ends in dust and guts.

2 Likes

Not for the fan of a casual fisting then?

1 Like

Casual?
Go big or go home!

What, with a moth? It is going to need a huge moth, swarfega and loads of very carefully applied gaffer tape to avoid splitting it.

Too much gaffer and its just a flesh light.

I’ll JB you my boy :angry:

Bogong ?

@Adpully is going to need the mother of all moth traps to catch one of those lads though, given the distances involved.

2 Likes

Fair point, well made :wink:

1 Like

No - The plan is just to find out a little move about what we have in our garden and the woods next door.
Any captured moths or insects fall into egg cartons that are in the box and get released the next day after we have had a bash at identification.

1 Like