Today I have mainly been V3.0

Returning from warm, sunny Cyprus to wet, grey Bristol.

Bah.

view from my window seat as I awake

9 Likes

Waking up to blue sky and a light Southerly breeze. A lovely day.

8 am this morning from the front garden

17 Likes

Wonderful .

Today I discovered the bulbs for my Moth box were not made in Poland but China and almost certainly illegally imported, they look far too new to have been imported here over four years ago. These type of bulbs have not been manufactured in EU since 2008. Someone appears to be circumnavigating the legislation. I have sent them back. Surely Ebay and Amazon have a duty of care here?

Now looking for a bona fide NOS 125W or 80W MV lamp.

This mornings view of the lake from our bedroom window.

13 Likes

“Duty”? Amazon and eBay? :rofl:

5 Likes

What made you think they are not quite legal?

3 Likes

6 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

You’re heading in the wrong direction surely! Do visit the spyglass if you get the chance.

which Spyglass? I keep Googling and coming up with a Harvester in Weymouth or a pub on Isle of Wight

Sorry, Spyway Inn, Askerswell just North of Burton Bradstock just above the A35.

Sorry, yes you did mention it before. probably wont get the chance tomorrow Salcombe.

I dont know who on here mentioned the Seaside Boarding House about 9 months ago, but I can highly recommend it - cant really fault anything. It was the first thing in this journey we booked so :+1: to them

1 Like

Looking at https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/144746.shtml?cone#contents

:thinking:

Impressive foghorn on Portland bill lighthouse but it doesn’t appear that they’d have used it today.
The Pig’s Nose Inn at East Prawle (across the estuary) is a nice spot if you can get there. There are also nice places at Hope Cove.

1 Like

Buying a black suit for a funeral tomorrow, and some vinyl of course.

that is definitely a possibility. Louise wants to go to Burgh Island

Lovely place to stay and enjoy a cocktail or two :+1:

2 Likes

That looks like it could be a handful.

I hope you’re stocked up with the necessities.

VB

I’m due to fly Sunday (from Miami) :weary:

So far the flight hasn’t been cancelled so the advice is head to the airport anyway.