Today I have mainly been V3.0

But think of the interesting characters you have met
You’d of needed a 3 year stretch in the scrubs to find similar clientele

With that said,i’ve of gone for the scrubs option

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

At music centre with Sam, ‘Car park jam’ socially distanced.

Also Pig.

And goats.

8 Likes

Didn’t know you could mute a Tuba and certainly not using a kettle. :slight_smile:

Takes me back to the multi school orchestra I was in the 1982 in Rochdale. Used to love those Saturday morning sessions.

1 Like

Yep. Got a few health things going on so don’t have to pay.

1 Like

Haha! Hadn’t noticed that!

1 Like

Ten years. I have never met either of you but I recall photos of a bake-off where you were together and I recall the chronicalling elsewhere of the start of the romance. Ten years. Sam has done well. Congrats to you both.

1 Like

Thanks. The girl is remarkably patient and tolerant!

how long you 2 been in your house? I remember visiting when you had a bake off with my wrecked white boxster

5 years as of a fortnight’s time.

Prefer the Targa, always had a soft spot for the classics; shame it’s not been 100% functionally.

1 Like

A short walk around Castleton, up just west of Cave Dale

and back along the valley. Tupping season again, these lads look shagged out

8 Likes

You obvsly had your wellies on :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Bird waiting to peck their eyes out…

Avoiding Britains Got Talent

12 Likes

Getting the Lexus ready for its MOT in a month, gave it a service, fixed the loose under tray and polished the head lights. Took bloody ages.

2 Likes

Been to the recycling centre this morning with a Legacy full.

Amy has been baking cake.

Then to Hardwick Hall for a walk about.

16 Likes

Currently halfway through a second bottle of Veuve Cliquot NV in celebration of Sam’s and my 10th anniversary, and also of a fine day’s walking and holidayish lounging-about. Betimes, I’m reflecting on my growing loathing for organisations such as the RSPCA, Oxfam, Forestry Commission, National Trust and particularly (today) English Heritage.

These businesses cloak themselves in the shroud of altruism, charity, public service and accessibility, but are nothing but management-top-heavy, self-regarding, profit-motivated and immensely exclusive quangos.

We’ve been exploring Thetford forest and environs, and Fine it is, too - somewhat off the beaten-track and off-season too. Today we fetched-up at Grimes’ Graves - the site of culturally-fascinating stone age flint mines, now typically over-managed by EH as a third-rate tourist attraction.

Truth to tell the story much exceeds the site itself, which for millennia consisted of a few dozen shallow depressions in scrubby Breckland. Some were crudely excavated by tuft-hunting C18th and C19th curio-hunters and amateur archaeologists who wrongly thought valuable burials lay within.

I wanted to take a look at the site, but knew full well there would be no access to the one rather stagey excavation or visitor centre. What I hadn’t expected was some pisspoor excuses about it being “out-of-season” to shut the gates to the entire above-ground area (contradicted by the website which invokes the more-predictable COVID), nor that many £10’s-of-thousands would have been spent to put the whole are behind barbed wire-topped fences. Would have been easy enough to “trespass” - and tempting enough at any time, given they want no less than £12.50 per adult visitor to visit during normal circumstances! Great value for the 20 minutes or so that most people would require to see all there is to see…

I thought better of trespass, I’m hassle-averse in my pre-dotage, but someone else had, and very soon the whole might of EH rolled-up to aggressively berate the poor cunt and detain him until the police could cart him away. All he was doing was walking his fucking dog and looking at some holes in the ground on the wrong side of a fence in what is supposed to be part of our national fucking heritage…

Sure, the world is chock-full of cunts who cause problems in such places, but it seems to me there are better ways to manage these sites in the interests of all of us than this heavy-handed feudally-tinged nonsense.

Had a bit of a side-sneer at the Forestry Commission - parts of the surrounding plantation were also fenced off and stuffed full of non-native conifer species in trial plantings - all in response to the arrival of Red Band Needle Blight - a disease imported on non-native trees, that has been busily wiping out most of our native pines that have not already been killed-off by the many other imported pathogens and pests that affect them…

Great dogwalking otherwise - vast woodlands and plantations to explore no other bugger for miles around, and masses of interesting fungi springing-up after all the rain.

tl;dr - the usual moaning and not even any pictures

11 Likes

Thinly veiled ‘it’s our 10th anniversary post’. :roll_eyes:

Happy Anniversary guys!

1 Like

All these words can’t be important as there are no pictures.

fixt :+1:

1 Like