Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

Getting a WhatsApp from one of my oldest friends, who lives in Munich.

The nub of the message was

• the wife’s left me
  • the separation completes at the end of July
  • do you fancy Oktoberfest?

I have to admire the grand scale of his “pub then?” energy.

22 Likes

Yesterday was mums 70th Birthday.

Cake by Amy.

Dad delivered.

People rejoiced.

Much food was consumed…

And moar.

Then pudding.

When we recovered from a food coma.

27 Likes

Bow tie and Crocs, that’s a heck of a look.

14 Likes

I’m so proud of him.

1 Like

Make a change from the usual red tie. Same smile though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a lovely family gathering Rob, was your mum on the G & T’s already :grinning:

1 Like

I was assured it was simply iced water with a slice…:wink:

:wink:

1 Like

Later much fun was had with pass the parcel.

5 Likes

Yes is the only possible answer to this question :beer:

1 Like

Spent the bank holiday wheelbarrowing type 1 up and down 150m of unmade road leading to my house filling in potholes. Council should be doing first half as it’s a public footpath but they never bother their arse. Lesson learned to get the bulk bags dropped at the top of the incline and not the bottom. Going to be sore tomorrow.

10 Likes

Early morning filth on the riverside meadow. Had to cover Saffys eyes

2 Likes

On a less flippant note, it has dawned on me this morning that of the three people who I would call long-term close friends, all have now seen their marriages collapse.

One blotted his copy book quite early on. The other two, shortly after the kids left home.

Not exactly uplifting :frowning_face:

To understand the nature of human coupling look away from the swan and take note of the bonobo.

Split rest days. I’m off today, so trying to do fuckall.
Nup ! Updating my lappy to Win(?)11.
Can’t say I’m impressed.

Now Narelle tells me that she hates it !

Should have stayed in bed :confounded:

1 Like

Binning a proposed trip to Berlin.

Priced up flights and hotels a few weeks ago and it was expensive.

Deliberately waited until closer to the time, having been burned multiple times recently with covid-related cancellations of events.

Sat down to book in earnest and it’s all preposterously expensive / sold out / booked up.

Oh well, first world problems. I guess it’s saved me the first version of “expensive”.

2 Likes

Death by zoom, the whole day doing training for something I was trained on 6 months ago, but the rest of the team hasn’t been trained on yet. Still had to sit through it all with camera on the whole time so no skiving.

Just to make it worse, this also just ate up my last rest day.

Yeah, keep trying to book a weekend in Europe away with the mrs, but prices are crazy

I was going to reply with something coherent, but instead I’ll just blast in post number 10,000 :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 2).