Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

You need a burger brothers snack burger before dinner surely?

1 Like

Dinner in Noss Mayo then a walk down by the river

14 Likes

It’s lovely there when you can park

Waiting for the RAC to come and recharge my car battery. Does anyone know how many miles I should try to do to mitigate this in the future?

Just buy a trickle charger.
About 30 minutes at 60 mph, will make it healthy, but not fully charged.

1 Like

Ian, I bought one of these when I accidentally left the hazards on my daughter’s C1 for a few hours. Did a fantastic job.

A none stop 30+ mins drive once a week should do it assuming battery and or alternator aren’t on their way out.

1 Like

Sitting at a table on the pavement outside the cafe waiting for breakfast in our local town - East Dereham.
Just like alfresco eating when on holiday…except 90% of the folk walking past are over 70 :joy::joy:

4 Likes

On yesterday’s walk, as I was making my way down the steep south side of the Blewburton Hill fort, I passed this monstrous triffid

It was about as tall as me and had thick spiny branches with what will soon be a lot of purple flowers (?) on top. The pic shows it vertical, but maybe it wasn’t - the horizon in the distance is pretty much horizontal (tautology ?). It didn’t look like it would take any prisoners …

VB

4 Likes

I walk past this beautiful tree most days on the dog walk and have often wondered what it is. Today I remembered the app on my phone. Apparently its a Giant Sequoia :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Enjoying lunch in the garden before a bbq at friends this pm. A bit jumpy as it’ll be the first group gathering since Covid hit, and they live in Darwen, an area with bad infection rates. However we’re going as it would have been their sons birthday but he died just before Xmas.

Garden is nice though

1 Like

heading back to London. I think we made the right choice in going to Brighton for Thursday/Friday, It was relatively quiet, nice and relaxed.

But this morning as we walked along the front, the beach was pretty busy. At the station, I don’t think I have seen so many people pour out of trains in years, the place was rammed

1 Like

We went for a few hours one Saturday last August - just to pick something up.

It was quiet first thing, but as you say, heading back to the station there was an absolute wall of humanity coming down the hill that had just arrived on the train from London.

1 Like

Some years ago I spent a great long weekend in Newton Ferrers with a girl whose family had a place there.
Beautiful part of the world, I remember a great walk along to Mothcombe.

2 Likes

London (King’s X) is surprisingly quiet.

Nice view from the hotel

2 Likes

Baby eating bishop of bath and wells hang out

Wells cathedral

Hot fuzz location

7 Likes

where is it?

Can’t remember the name of the church it’s next to in Wells

Knew Wells was the smallest city, but didn’t realise the population was only 12,000

Don’t miss the excellent fudge shop opposite the cathedral’s west front (OK, not really fudge weather, but hey-ho …).