Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

Continental + pothole = fucked.

Not to worry, it had had a long and productive life of checks notes 16 days and 588 miles.

Current status; good for 50mph.

3 Likes

Yes, yes, but not when negotiating roundabouts :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Part of me was idly wondering what would happen with four of them on the car :thinking:

2 Likes

2 Likes

A client came to see me about 10 years ago. He had a massive scar from his forehead to his chin. What happened I asked. I had a spacesaver on the car and it caused a crash at 70mph he said. Car left the dual carriageway and hit a large sign. He must have come as close to death as you could imo. I don’t think they should be allowed.

1 Like

They have ‘Max 50mph’ all over them :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

As they are specced to 50 mph, could be a case of Darwinism escapism.

4 Likes

Exactly. But, I’ve since seen numerous cars with them travelling at warp factor 9. Hence I think they are a disaster waiting to happen.

I wonder how safe they are at 50.

Depends whether they are within the very limited durability rating (generally 50 miles IIRC).

I have never owned a car without a ‘proper’ spare, the same spec as the fitted tyres

My second wedding anniversary tomorrow. And while I’ve got her a present. I’ve forgot to get her a card. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Make one, quickly.

It’s good to to put a stop to these traditions early on. Work to phase out the present over the next couple of years. :smiley:

9 Likes

My only experience was approx 85 miles. No issues at all. And great fuel economy to boot

I have fitted it to get the car down to Phil’s garage. It’s simply easier than requesting a mobile fitter turn up with the exact Continental that’s on the other side (because I’m not changing the other one).

8 Likes

At paradise park , Hayle for our anniversary.

5 Likes

Having a wander around Brandon Marsh.

TIL that this isn’t actually a spider.
http://www.uksafari.com/harvestmen.htm

2 Likes

Driving to Haweswater, rather interesting journey - on some v narrow lanes had Louise squealing. And when she had to get out to open gates she was not pleased…

1 Like