Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

It doesn’t help when they use that special extra-shiny-when-wet tarmac as well

We only had wet on the road for the first 80 miles or so today. There’s a slightly uphill section of the A1 as you approach Newcastle from the north, before dropping down to the Tyne crossing on the western bypass, which is as shiny as fuck in the wet. It’s made all the more entertaining by the roadworks which have plagued the bypass since it opened. These mean that as you crest the hill, blind from the surface reflection, you’re suddenly faced with near-stationary traffic. You did remember to check the brakes and tyres before starting out, didn’t you …

2 Likes

Getting rid of the christmas tree, needles are falling off now so time to go…

Driving, picking up wood, driving some more, picking up more wood, driving again, enjoying the delights of Bicester Travelodge.

Dreaming of two logs, Snakewood and Kingwood, costing more than a scalford muffin!

3 Likes

Slept like a log then :+1:

1 Like

interviewing

Kernow?

We popped ours in the top of the incinerator, spectacular!

3 Likes

Yeah. Stand a LONG way back.

1 Like

It was most impressive! :astonished::scream:

In Bristol this weekend so to the City Museum/Gallery to see the exhibition of works submitted to & by Grayson Perry for the TV show Grayson Perry’s Art Club which has had a couple of series since the pandemic began.

Some fine pieces & well worth a look if you’re anywhere near.

Lockdown Banana bread obsession.

Alan Measles (Perry’s rather dishevelled childhood bear) reborn as some sort of oriental icon.

Little ceramic piece Johnny Vegas made for the series.

Decaying old, barn find, sports car made by Perry from ceramics & treated to look old & rusty. This item took shape as the second series progressed so I was pleased to see it.

There’s quite a lot to see in the museum including a couple of Banksy items.

The tin plate stencil used to put the escaping figure onto the wall of Reading jail last year.

10 Likes

Really like the Johnny Vegas piece

ordering a new kitchen tap because the old one has absolutely had it.

Online searching for kitchen bits is an absolute shark pool, but ended up with the manufacturer quoting about £230, and online behemoth quoting £122 with next day delivery. Quite shocked by that.

Oh, and the wife discovered that back in October she deleted a £400 e-gift card because “it looked like spam” :man_facepalming: I think she’s recovered it now but I’m not going to prod that particular hornet’s nest too hard.

4 Likes

Attending our next door neighbour"s funeral. Myself and 5 others :frowning:

4 Likes

Best wishes for the day JB

1 Like

ATB John

1 Like

AM. Dropped our 2003 ford Ka off for our 3rd MOT with us then ran home 7 miles.
PM. Found out that the car had passed without fuss. The Ka interior heating and a slow puncture does need to be sorted though so some small cost is involved.

Claire wants to sell it I think it’s perfect for pootling around Devon and Cornwall.

7 Likes

Try to keep it while its costing nothing, you’ll struggle to get cheaper motoring.
Our 2001 Micra kept going like your KA for 10 years (structual rot caused its demise). It’s replacement was a money pit despite only doing 4000 miles a year.

3 Likes

Don’t sell it.

3 Likes

I will try to hang onto it for another year.
It has been very cheap to run in the coming up to three years we have had it. It cost ne £600 and had just 30K miles on it when we bought it. It always fires up immediately and the engine still sounds newish.

Maintenance so far - Tyres and alignment £145, new ignition pack £101, rad weld £20, Heater valve circa £100 (being done tomorrow, oil £25, wipers £12. Plus the price of 3 MOT’s. Tax is £170 PA and insurance £120. Oh I have just shelled out £10 for a new lock barrel for the drivers side - That looks like it’s going to fun to fit.

2 Likes