Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

keep it. I’ve just spunked £400 to get the bmw through it’s mot, and today I got quoted £750 to trade it in against a Kia…

1 Like

All day and this much of the night so far compiling a case study and draft plans for a wildlife reserve on Parish land. Would quadruple the size of what’s there now, increase habitat diversity significantly, provide a flood-zone buffer, amenity, exercise, educational, carbon sink, yadda yadda … so certainly worth doing.

Been attempting to get this backed and moving for a few years now, but getting organisations like The Woodland Trust to do their jobs is quite remarkably difficult…!

22 Likes

Having an hour long zoom call with two IFAs :slightly_frowning_face:

Out for a little stroll

18 Likes

Derbyshire’s looking a mite drier than I recall - climate change, no doubt…

2 Likes

Hel bought me this - (:grimacing:)

2 Likes

:flushed: Respect! - that is not a Casual’s butt plug!

17 Likes

Is it a chillum for blowhards?

Who have come back and said that they want £3k to tell me what they’d do with my money. I have to take it on trust that this isn’t “put it in a peanut butter sandwich and eat it”. And 0.75% of my capital (and, I think, pensions - there’s a bit of a whiff of careful omission in this) to actually do it.

That’s a really stinging potential bill - wondering whether I might be better off being a bit less lazy and probably not doing something as clever as them, but it wouldn’t cost a 5 digit sum to do.

I know nothing whatsoever about IFAs and you should stop reading at this point, but if you don’t, I’d suggest that if none exist whose fee is wholly results-based, then they are openly admitting they have no faith in their own abilities and you should DIY the fuck out of this shit.

2 Likes

Are there any financial services that are wholly results based? Most seem to be a fee for handling your money and a bonus for them if they get lucky with your money

I’d look at index trackers before paying anyone too much to look after it. That only applies if you intend investing it for a long (10+ years) time to even out the bumps (see motley fool website)

1 Like

If it’s any help I’ve just had a tip for the 3.05 at Gowran Park.

I’m happy to tell you what to do for £2k.
I have previously worked as a milkman and making boxes in the mum deodorant factory.
I know my onions when it comes to stuff like this.

1 Like

TBF, onion deodorant sounds like a really, really bad business plan.

4 Likes

Au contraire, we need to get exports to France back up again.

I think you should ask for advice on the internet. Specifically on a “hifi” forum. :smiley:

3 Likes

Also, I suggest becoming an IFA. = print your own wads of cash.

2 Likes

If it works for relationships and plumbing, why wouldn’t it work for money?

1 Like

For certain values of “works” :rofl:

2 Likes

Have you somehow not travelled on the tube in warm weather? 'Cos from all I’ve experienced, ‘Onion™’ is Britain’s #1 deodorant, aftershave, perfume and mouthwash - closely rivalled by ‘Rotting Meat - Calvin Klein, “Because you’re worthless”…’.