Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

Just put a deposit on a 2009 Mercedes c250cdi estate, hopefully collect it in a couple of weeks.

8 Likes

took a train to Hitchin, pub for pizza lunch. Raining hard so still sat in pubā€¦

Nice looking estate that, congrats.

1 Like

makes a lovely ragu

2 Likes

My first thought was Saltimbocca :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got bass bins of that kind of footprint sat in my garage. Very nice indeed. Precision Devices drivers in them. I sadly lack the space and the appropriate spouse to be able to set them up domestically, but I do feel they potentially form the foundation of a very nice multi-way horn system.

1 Like

Yep, the Reed hybrid tangential arm and Phasemotion cart with matching SUTS were all new and interesting - not seen before (by me)

1 Like

Wonder if it would all fit in Uncleā€™s old railway carriage?

Just sayinā€™ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Smaller than a NGā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Amazing kit. Stunningly beautiful 301.
Certainly has that wow factor would love to listen to a setup like this one day.

1 Like

Now youā€™re just being silly - the only thing smaller is Vladmir Putinā€™s cock!

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Creationism

Out on a 10 mile walk with friends. Not as warm as the Costa Blanca, but at least it ended up sunny.
Nice to be out on the moors again

Iā€™m not flexible enough for climbing now, but two nipped up the Headstone

10 Likes

Welcome home, Dave.

1 Like

Feeling smug for for acting on my fuel price risk reduction measure ( a full tank and 4 Jerry cans) a couple of weeks ago.

Price just tipped over Ā£8 per gallon!

1 Like

I did the same a couple of weeks back and had some cnut shouting at me and the Tesco cashier who was bemused & unmoved.

3 Likes

This weekā€™s walk, yesterday, turned out to be less walking and more trimming vegetation back off the path. This quite substantial piece of vegetation, in fact

Itā€™s a full size beech tree (I think) which came down in storm Eunice. Itā€™s not trivially accessible by motor vehicle, so when I went that way a week ago the tree hadnā€™t been touched. I was in a hurry then and it was getting late so I had to hack my way into the field on the right (through rusty remains of a fence, including barbed wire) and then back onto the path thirty or forty yards further on (more fence, and now undergrowth too).

This week I thought Iā€™d go back and, if it was still there, have a go at it. It was. All I had with me was secateurs (surprisingly useful) and a small bow saw which meant there was no chance of cutting any of the more substantial boughs. And anyway I neither wanted them to fall on me nor to discover that they were actually stopping the whole tree rolling (some certainly were). By the time Iā€™d heaved out everything from twigs up to branches as thick as my calves I was left with this.

You still couldnā€™t get a horse through (itā€™s a bridleway) but reasonably flexible pedestrians should have no trouble. I managed it with a rucksack on. A determined biker might be able to lift an ATB through.

(The odd blurring effects in the second pic come from cropping down an image taken in twilight - the phone cam seems to lose resolution in the distance, making the path and the trees there look like theyā€™re disappearing into a parallel universe.)

5 Likes

Passed several fallen trees in the reserve that the Wildlife Trust look after, so I can guess what next weekā€™s jobs will be.

Rolling around the house in a weird dark headspace until I decided to go and take my Dadā€™s dog for a walk up Kilmar Tor, on Bodmin moor. Feeling a lot better!

28 Likes