Today I have mainly been V5.0

Booked a tent at Ziggu camping.
Cleaned lavs and hot showers. Beds.
Not slumming it. I need sleep at my age.

Would rather camp in mud

Itā€™s been pissing with rain all day.

The wifeā€™s gone internet shopping nuts.

Iā€™ve bought a soundbar.

navigating the minefield that are pensions, trying to look at options for combing 24 years of pensions across 10 jobs into one pot :scream:

Iā€™m putting that off but the inevitable is drawing close. I would interested in your findings

A financial adviser is useful. Mine went through each of my pensions and summarised the terms.

Most were transferred into a SIPP, but a couple were left because of guarantees etc

1 Like

Transfer them all to a SIPP with A J Bell? Thatā€™s where mine is.

The charges when I started it were something like Ā£100 a year, plus A J Bell got paid a % of the annual management charge of the funds you chose. The AMC of the funds is competitive. You can choose institutional classes of the funds, which have lower AMCs than the retail class of the same fund. The customer service is great too, you ring them and without delay an actual human based in the UK helps you.

haha Iā€™m just trying to find them at the moment, know a few of them but some have been lost in the ether

I had that issue too, a couple of early ones I had given up on after contacting the government pension finders came back found 2 years later so donā€™t give up if you donā€™t get immediate results

Other than simplifying your life, is it actually a wise idea to consolidate all your pensions into just the one fund that could get Sir Philip Greenā€™d?
Iā€™ve chosen to leave my disparate sprawl of pensions as they are - I think PCSPS, NHS, &c are a safer bet.

My largest one had a requirement for an annuity to be taken out, which IMO is a bloody stupid idea. You need to check really.

And the key is diversification, so your invested in loads of different companies and bonds, so one corporate disaster isnā€™t curtains for you.

I consolidated with an AJ Bell SIPP too a couple of years ago. Would also recommend.

1 Like

Ah that looks interesting.

As a scummy contractor I can pay myself Ā£12k a year which is tax free, pay Ā£800 per month into the SIPP and get an extra Ā£200 for free :slight_smile:

1 Like

Optimistically Iā€™ll have Ā£80k if I combine them all (going to see if I can use it to buy extra years in the army pension)

Leaving the army pension alone as that will give me Ā£9000 per year at 60 plus Ā£27k tax free lump at 55

Need to sort something as Iā€™ve been putting it off for years and Iā€™ll have fuck all if I donā€™t start contributing now :frowning:

This is an excellent idea.

1 Like

Are you a sole trader or have a company format like limited etc?

Ltd company as I do multiple contracts or customers.

1 Like

I think you can put unlimited Company monies into the pension tax free. It is a great way of getting money out of a Ltd Co.

1 Like

yeah my accountant keeps reminding me and I keep saying that if invest in a huge pension Iā€™ll die at 68 but if I save fuck all Iā€™ll live to 105

2 Likes

In which you can put up to Ā£40k a year into your pension which then takes this outside of corporation tax.