Today I have mainly been V5.0

I went to the sentencing of the dude who defrauded our primary school PTA; my wife was chair at the time. The number of basic factual errors made by the barristers was quite eye-opening, although I don’t think any were sufficient to change the outcome. Once reported in the local news it bore little resemblance to the original crime!

1 Like

I’ve been the innocent victim of inaccurate news reporting. Fortunately it made no difference to me but there is always an agenda for the reporter. This was in Hong Kong in the 1980’s but most UK press ain’t any different.

We’ve all seen, only too often when the press tries to write up a story about something we know about; hifi for example or vinyl, how readily & often they get details badly wrong but you’d hope that in reporting more serious matters they’d be more precise.

1 Like

The job of journalists is to write stories that sell newspapers. If they can also be true stories then, well, that’s nice too. But it’s not the primary driver.

If you want to get your inconvenient truth into a newspaper then it helps to have a threatening-looking lawyer standing alongside you when you talk to the hack.

1 Like

Unaccustomed as I am to bits and bytes, i have finally got around to building the two NOS DDDACs i have been prevaricaring over for the best part of 3 years

One based on a stack of 12 TDA1543A in parallel

And the other based on 2 PMC1795A in parallel per channel running in NOS mode

They both use current output dac chips, they have passive IV using a resistor and no ultrasonic filters

Early days yet, but both sound more interesting than the dac inside the SBT which is feeding them

8 Likes

Waiting in for the scrappers to pick up my old car. They gave me a window of 12-7pm. They finally arrived at 9.45pm having already shifted 17 cars since 7am today. Must not complain. They both looked freezing cold and I have been kept toasty warm all day by underfloor heating.

1 Like

Enjoying the very literal interpretation of ‘bread-board’ there :ok_hand:

1 Like

Interesting 3rd day involving the met and South Wales police and the ANPR system.

2 Likes

Another poxy leak from the loft

Is it the roof or the plumbing?

Solar panel tank.
So far 4 plumbers have been round in 6 weeks and not sorted it.

They are now sending the renewable team out to try and fix it.

Plumbers, I’ve shit 'em.

6 Likes

Lovely day for a stroll up to Derwent Edge.

25 Likes

I dropped Mrs. S. off at the station this morning, she’s away for four days. I’m sat with a coffee in front of me, waiting for the soldering iron to heat up and an abundance of wire in front of me (messing about repairing some iffy connections).Music playing loudly, will take doggo out for a walk and probably pop in for a brief liquid lunch at the local. I plan a curry for tea and then whatever catches my imagination.
I do miss that woman and her organisational skills of my time.

11 Likes

Seems like you have the important things covered.

1 Like

I do indeed squire and my field of cares is barren, absolutely none to give, 'tis bliss.

6 Likes

Dealing with a leak from our en suite which has channeled all the water from the shower down into our front room :weary:

1 Like

You need a new house.

Good luck with sorting it out.

I do love a Saturday morning 8am swimming lesson

2 Likes