Today I have mainly been V5.0

Stick with it, you’ll get there. I learned to swim as a child as my parents took me to swimming lessons on Saturday mornings.

1 Like

I can swim, it’s my boy that’s learning

1 Like

I have fond memories (not) of taking my 2 to swimming club at 7am on Sunday mornings.
That sort of thing should be banned under the Geneva convention.

4 Likes

Whoosh!

2 Likes

And I may have diagnosed the problem… :thinking:

7 Likes

:thinking:
Push fit under the floor :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Have you got any neighbours with small kids you could gaffer tape onto a pole?

7 Likes

With more joints than are necessary and not a pipe clip in sight.

Still, when you’ve got another job waiting why spend time eh ?

2 Likes

Perfect opportunity to use-up whatever shit you had left-over from the last job you bodged the fuck out of!

Not even my house and that pushes my Rage button :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The people we bought the house off - the bloke proudly said he had created the en-suite and plumbed and tiled it. The warning should have been the paint job he did in the hallway which is a single coat straight onto fresh plaster…,

Not amused at all given the damage to my front room ceiling.

3 Likes

I hope it hasn’t ruined that nice wallpaper!

2 Likes

Insurance job :+1:

3 Likes

Always a concern when someone has done diy. Sadly they think this entitles them to ask for more money when selling.

When we had storage heaters put in around 72,the electrician paid my brother 50p to go under the floor into a really tight cavity to feed the cables. The sparky tapped on the floor so he could follow that route round the ground floor of the house.

Pretty sure he would be nicked these days

2 Likes

Wallpaper is safe you’ll be relieved to know :+1:

1 Like

:pleading_face:

:smiling_face_with_tear:

After a pleasant (if chilly) walk, coffee and cake with this lovely lot…

I received the news that my mother is receiving Home Care due to back spasms and nerve damage in her spine. As most will know, I have had a fractious relationship with her for many years, and I have been a huge disappointment (apparently). She has always been a hypochondriac but, her current state has been confirmed by my younger sister (whom I trust) as genuine.
“The disappointment” has been asked to help her with her decisions to buy furniture to suit her disability. I have averted the purchase of a single Zero Gravity Recliner from a company wanting to charge her A$5000. The median price for top-end versions is A$2500 !
15 minutes of research has sourced her 7 different options, all for around the median price.

The cynic in me thinks this is all due to our impending visit. She has already blown out of an organised luncheon for my birthday. And I am fully expecting her to want us to ferry her around to various retailers before she chooses something that she has already found online.

This trip is going to be stressful enough for Narelle, without having my mother drag everything even further down.

FML !!!

8 Likes

On the plus side,at least you have found the cause

1 Like

Dropping boxes of LPs off at my local record shop… feels weird, but hey ho. We need the space, and any money made will be handy.

Rather a good day.

A visit to a screening of The Ward Revisited concerning Gideon Mendel’s photography of the HIV/AIDS ward in the old Middlesex Hospital in 1993. The images of the beautiful but doomed young men accompanied by the testament of their loved ones and the nursing staff was very affecting.

The film was shown in the Fitzroy Chapel in the grounds of where the Middlesex was. It’s a tiny place - strong recommend if you get the chance to visit.

Lunch at Clipstone. For example an “Oh my word!” cocktail, apparently a twist on a “Last Word”

Soused sardines

I opted to faceplant in the duck ragu with tagliatelle so not picture of that unfortunately.

I had also been wondering about trying some Focal Bathys (“ba-teese” I’m told) and was surprised to learn from the dealer finder of the existence of the Spiritland Headphone Bar very close to Oxford Circus.

Ended up trying the Bathys and Sennheiser Momentum 4’s. The Bathys were breath-taking with modern electronic work (Burial, KYO /w Jeuru) but didn’t do any favours to older, and frankly not brilliantly recorded, guitar-based stuff (The Leather Nun, W.A.S.P.). I was also surprised that they made the more modern metal of Baroness’ Yellow & Green really tinny

By comparison the Senn’s were good but clearly not as good as the Focals for electronica, but rock & metal were given a lot more leeway. They’re also a lot lighter, have double the battery life and cost about a third as much :laughing:

Currently booking myself in for remedial selfie lessons: “massive double chins and the avoidance thereof”

13 Likes