Today I have mainly been V5.0

Saw them in a pub in Oxford three years ago. The keyboard player was signing CDs on the merch table at the end.

6 Likes

Love the height the neighbours have put in their garden :+1:

1 Like

Aren’t the green ones lime ?

It was an older couple we bought the house from, garden was immaculate. We are just trying to maintain it as best we can with zero experience of gardening, we lived bang in the middle of the city before we moved out here. I don’t think we are doing a terrible job, other than moss killer incident, but it’s like fucking rocket science. Every time we think we know something or have it nailed down something else comes up. Failing that the fcking deer get in again and eat everything flowering other than daffodils or weeds. It’s a lot of work, not just pottering around on a sunny afternoon picking herbs and strawberries as i had envisioned. Grass has always been shit tbf.

4 Likes

They have had a lot of work done last couple of years to have stuff cut back and the Magnolia tamed.
It’s lovely when it all blooms in spring.
Our lawn that borders us is a sort of surprise extra hidden behind our house, and very much a wildlife haven that is adjacent to the disused railway bank to the left. We don’t see it much but it needs taking care of.

Looks nice Tony. Where do you stay?

I’m out in Helensburgh now, been here for 5 years. Nice change from Glasgow city centre and central London in between. Trying to lead the country bumpkin life. Other than gigs in Glasgow of course!

1 Like

Lucky guy. Helensburgh is lovely although it’s been decades since I was there.

1 Like

Bit of good news - it’s “No Mow May” - more here: Plantlife Scotland

1 Like

4 Likes

Washed the cars last night.

Pissing down here today for the first time in over two months…

5 Likes

Had the dishwasher engineer out today… Yesterday it was tripping the circuit breaker when i turned it on. Today it’s working - £40 for him to basically turn it on

A £40 callout charge sounds pretty reasonable to me.

It’s just irritating that the bloody thing worked so it was £40 for nothing needed

We have an area down the side of the house and another on the other side of the wall that I leave pretty much to its own devices for those exact reasons. I’ve also got a little wildflower thing going next to the deck. So I’m trying to do my bit for the bugs and birds. No chance I’d get away with that on the “lawns” unfortunately.

2 Likes

My whole front garden is given over to butterflies and insects.
Nothing to do with me it was set up like that by the previous owner.
There is stuff out there that I thought were weeds but turn out to be Michelin star establishments for the pollinators.
The back garden is where all the work is

2 Likes

Receiving the final passport I applied for today.

We’re going on holiday in August. Because of the passport crisis I applied for the three passports we need on 19 April. The process was quick and easy online, the notifications of progress were clear and helpful, two were delivered yesterday and the third will be today.

Hard to complain really, apart from the price!

2 Likes

So it wus you wot made it rain then :angry:

1 Like

Voting.

My local council is Lib Dem controlled despite MPs being tory cunts with 25,000 majorities.

My council is fantastic and I want it to stay that way.

2 Likes

Voting to remove the position of mayor from Bristol City Council, and return to a committee-based system. Had enough of the successive mayor’s galaxy-sized egos and their ridiculous vanity projects.

3 Likes